The Recently Deleted folder on Mac is a useful feature that allows users to recover accidentally deleted files and folders. Here are the steps to locate the Recently Deleted folder on Mac:
Step 1: Open the Finder application on your Mac.
Step 2: Click on the "Go" menu from the menu bar at the top of the screen.
Step 3: Select "Go to Folder" from the dropdown menu.
Step 4: In the dialogue box that appears, type in "~/Library/" (without the quotes) and press enter.
Step 5: Locate the "Containers" folder and open it.
Step 6: Find the com.apple.trash folder and open it.
Step 7: Inside this folder, you will find the Recently Deleted folder which contains all recently deleted files and folders.
It is important to note that the Recently Deleted folder is only available for a limited time (30 days by default) before the files are permanently deleted. Therefore, it is recommended to regularly check and empty the folder to free up space on your Mac.
Video Tutorial:Where can I find recently deleted folder in Mac?
Why is the recently deleted folder missing on my Mac?
The Recently Deleted folder should show up on your Mac as long as you are using macOS Big Sur or later. If it’s missing, there could be a few reasons why:
1. You may have accidentally deleted the folder itself: This is a common mistake and one that can be easily rectified by creating a new folder and naming it Recently Deleted.
2. The folder may have been deleted permanently: By default, macOS Big Sur deletes files permanently after 30 days in the Recently Deleted folder. If it has been more than 30 days since you last deleted a file, the Recently Deleted folder may have been emptied automatically.
3. There may be a bug or issue with the system: If you have checked your Trash folder and still cannot find the Recently Deleted folder, it is possible that there is a problem with your system that is preventing it from appearing. In this case, you should try restarting your Mac or contacting Apple Support for further assistance.
To summarize, if your Recently Deleted folder is missing on your Mac, it could be due to accidental deletion, automatic permanent deletion, or a system issue.
Where is recently deleted folder located?
The Recently Deleted folder in iOS is a useful feature to ensure that users do not permanently lose any photos or videos that they have accidentally deleted. The Recently Deleted folder can be found within the Photos app on an iPhone running iOS 16.
To locate recently deleted folder, follow these steps:
1. Open the Photos app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on the Albums tab located at the bottom of the screen.
3. Within the Albums section, look for the Recently Deleted folder.
4. Tap on the Recently Deleted folder to view all photos and videos that have been deleted.
Keep in mind that the photos and videos in the Recently Deleted folder are not permanently deleted until 30 days have passed, so if you accidentally delete a photo, it can be easily retrieved within the 30-day timeframe. After 30 days, the deleted photos and videos will be permanently removed from the Recently Deleted folder.
Does Apple have a recently deleted folder?
Yes, Apple offers a recently deleted folder on its devices. The folder is available on the Photos app and serves as a safety net for deleted photos and videos.
Here are the steps to find the recently deleted folder on an iPhone with iOS 16:
1. Open the Photos app
2. Tap on the Albums tab
3. Scroll down and locate the Recently Deleted album
4. Tap on the Recently Deleted album to view all photos and videos that have been deleted within the last 30 days
5. Select any images or videos that you want to restore
6. Tap the "Recover" button to restore selected files or tap "Delete All" to permanently delete all the items in the folder
It’s important to note that the recently deleted folder only keeps deleted photos and videos for up to 30 days before automatically deleting them permanently. If you want to keep specific files indefinitely, make sure to move them to another folder or backup your device’s photos and videos to iCloud or another storage solution.
How do I find recently permanently deleted files?
Finding recently permanently deleted files can be a challenging task but it is not entirely impossible. Here are some steps that might help you in your quest to recover your lost data:
1. Check the recycle bin/trash folder:
The first step is to check the recycle bin or trash folder on your device or computer. If your files were accidentally deleted, then they might still be present in the recycle bin or trash folder, where you can easily restore them.
2. Use a file recovery tool:
If the above step doesn’t work, you might have to resort to a file recovery tool. Many tools are available, both paid and free, that allows you to recover recently permanently deleted files. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard, Disk Drill, and Recuva are some of the popular file recovery tools that you can use.
3. Contact your cloud storage provider:
If the deleted files were stored on a cloud storage platform such as Google Drive, Dropbox, or iCloud, then you might be able to recover them by contacting their customer support team. These platforms usually retain your data for a certain period (typically 30 days), even after you’ve deleted them.
4. Check backups:
If you have a backup of your data, you might be able to retrieve the deleted files from there. You can either use a backup tool or check your external hard drive for any backups.
In conclusion, if none of the above methods work, it is unlikely that you will be able to recover your deleted files completely. Therefore, it is always advisable to take regular backups of your important data, which can serve as a safety net in case of data loss.
How do I recover deleted files on my Macbook?
Losing important files can be a frustrating experience for anyone, but fortunately, there are steps you can take to recover deleted files on your Macbook. Here are some potential solutions:
1. Check the trash folder: The first and simplest step you can take is to check the trash folder on your Macbook. If you deleted a file by accident, it may still be in the trash and can be easily restored by right-clicking on it and selecting the "Put Back" option.
2. Use Time Machine: If you’ve enabled Time Machine on your Macbook, you may be able to recover deleted files using this feature. Time Machine automatically backs up your files and allows you to travel back in time to earlier versions of your files. To use Time Machine, connect your backup drive to your Macbook and select the date when the file you want to recover was still there.
3. Use data recovery software: If the first two solutions fail, you can try using data recovery software. There are several paid and free software programs available online, such as EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard or Disk Drill, that can help you recover deleted files on your Macbook. After installing the software, follow the instructions provided by the program to scan for deleted files and recover them.
4. Contact a professional: If none of the above steps work, you may want to consider contacting a professional data recovery service. These services have specialized tools and expertise to recover files that may be lost due to physical damage or other severe issues.
To avoid future data loss, it’s recommended that you regularly back up important files to an external drive or cloud storage service. Additionally, be cautious when deleting files and make sure you double-check before permanently deleting anything.
How do I recover permanently deleted files on my Mac?
There are a few steps you can take to try to recover permanently deleted files on your Mac:
1. Check if the files are in the Trash Bin: Sometimes, files that have been deleted may still be in the Trash Bin. Open the Trash Bin and look for the files you want to recover. If you find them, simply right-click on the file and click "Restore" to recover it.
2. Use Time Machine: If you have Time Machine set up on your Mac, you can try to restore the files from a backup. Open Time Machine, navigate to the folder where the file was located, and then select the file you want to restore. Click "Restore" to recover the file.
3. Use a third-party data recovery tool: If the above methods do not work, you can try using a third-party data recovery tool. There are many options available, such as Disk Drill and Data Rescue. These tools can scan your hard drive and attempt to recover deleted files.
It’s important to note that the chances of successfully recovering permanently deleted files depend on how long ago the files were deleted and how they were deleted. The longer it has been since the files were deleted, the less likely it is that you will be able to recover them. Additionally, if the files were securely deleted (e.g., using a tool like Secure Empty Trash), they may be impossible to recover.