When you delete a photo on your iPhone, there are several things that happen depending on the settings you have chosen. Here are the possible scenarios:
1. If you have enabled the "Recently Deleted" feature, the photo will be moved to the "Recently Deleted" folder where it will remain for 30 days before being permanently deleted. During this time, you can choose to recover the photo or delete it permanently from the folder.
2. If you have disabled the "Recently Deleted" feature, the photo will be permanently deleted from your device immediately. You won’t be able to recover it unless you have a backup of your iPhone that includes the photo.
3. If you have iCloud Photos enabled, the photo will be deleted from all your devices that are signed in to iCloud. However, if you have the "Recently Deleted" feature enabled, the photo will still be available in the "Recently Deleted" folder on your other devices for 30 days.
4. If you have shared the photo with someone through iCloud Shared Albums, the photo will be removed from the shared album and the recipient will no longer be able to access it.
In summary, when you delete a photo on your iPhone, it will either be moved to the "Recently Deleted" folder or permanently deleted depending on your settings. If you have iCloud Photos enabled, the photo will be removed from all your devices that are signed in to iCloud. However, it’s important to note that you can always recover a deleted photo as long as it hasn’t been permanently deleted and you have a backup of your iPhone that includes the photo.
Video Tutorial:When you delete photos from iPhone are they still on iCloud?
Does deleting a photo actually delete it?
When you delete a photo on your phone or computer, it may not actually be completely deleted. Here are some factors to consider:
1. Cloud backups: If you have cloud backup enabled for your photos, the photo may still exist in the cloud even after you delete it from your device. Be sure to delete it from the cloud backup as well.
2. Recently deleted folder: Most devices have a "Recently Deleted" folder where deleted photos are placed temporarily. If you haven’t cleared out this folder, the photo may still be recoverable for a short period of time.
3. Data recovery programs: Even if you’ve emptied your trash folder and deleted the photo from your cloud backup, there are data recovery programs that can potentially recover deleted files.
Overall, while deleting a photo may make it difficult or inconvenient to access, it may not be completely gone. If you want to ensure a photo is truly deleted, you should make sure to delete it from all sources and use a secure data eraser tool.
How do you delete photos from iPhone but not lose them?
As a tech blogger, there are a few steps that can be taken to delete photos from your iPhone but ensure that they are not lost forever:
1. Back up your photos: It is essential to make sure that you back up your photos regularly to avoid losing them in case something goes wrong during the deletion process. You can back up your photos using iCloud, Google Photos, or any other cloud-based storage service.
2. Use the Photos app: The easiest way to delete photos from your iPhone without losing them is to use the Photos app. You can either delete photos one by one or select multiple photos and delete them at once.
3. Utilize the "Recently Deleted" folder: When you delete photos in the Photos app, they will be stored in the "Recently Deleted" folder for 30 days. This gives you time to change your mind and recover deleted photos if you need them.
4. Use a third-party app: If you want to be extra cautious, you can use a third-party app to transfer your photos to your computer or external hard drive before deleting them from your iPhone.
In conclusion, by following these steps, you can safely delete photos from your iPhone without worrying about losing them.
Where do permanently deleted photos go on iPhone?
When you delete photos on your iPhone, they might not be gone forever. It is stored in a separate section called "Recently Deleted," which can be accessed through the Photos app. Here are the steps on where to find them:
1. Open the Photos app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on the "Albums" tab at the bottom of the screen.
3. Scroll down to the "Other Albums" section and select "Recently Deleted."
Here, you will find all the photos that have been deleted within the past 30 days. This feature acts as a safety net in case you accidentally delete a photo or change your mind about deleting it. Within the 30-day time frame, you can recover the deleted photos by selecting them and tapping the "Recover" button. If you don’t recover them within this period, they will be permanently deleted and cannot be retrieved. It’s important to note that permanently deleted photos cannot be recovered even with the help of third-party software.
When I delete photos from iPhone does it delete from Google Photos?
The answer to this question depends on how you have set up your Google Photos app on your iPhone. Here are a few scenarios:
Scenario 1: You have "Backup & sync" turned off in your Google Photos settings.
In this scenario, deleting photos from your iPhone will not affect your Google Photos app whatsoever. Any photos you delete from your iPhone will remain in your Google Photos app until you manually delete them there as well.
Scenario 2: You have "Backup & sync" turned on in your Google Photos settings, but you have not given the app access to your iPhone’s camera roll.
In this scenario, again, deleting photos from your iPhone will not affect your Google Photos app. Even if you delete a photo from your iPhone that is backed up in Google Photos, the version in Google Photos will remain there until manually deleted.
Scenario 3: You have "Backup & sync" turned on in your Google Photos settings, and you have given the app access to your iPhone’s camera roll.
In this scenario, deleting a photo from your iPhone may cause it to be deleted from Google Photos as well, depending on how soon the deletion occurs after the photo is backed up to the Google Photos cloud. If you delete a photo from your iPhone before it has a chance to sync with Google Photos, then it will not be deleted from Google Photos. However, if the deletion occurs after the photo is backed up to Google Photos, then it could be deleted from both the iPhone and the Google Photos cloud.
It’s also worth noting that if you have a Google Photos "Trash" folder enabled, then any deleted photos will be moved to the trash folder and remain there for 60 days before being permanently deleted. After that point, the photos will be removed from both your iPhone and your Google Photos app.
Do deleted photos get saved on iPhone?
When photos are deleted from an iPhone, they are not immediately removed from the device. Instead, they are sent to a recently deleted folder where they remain for 30 days before being permanently deleted. This feature was introduced by Apple in iOS 8 and it allows users to recover accidentally deleted images.
If you accidentally delete a photo on your iPhone, the first step to recover it is to check the recently deleted folder. To do so, open the Photos app and tap on the "Albums" tab. Scroll down until you see the "Recently Deleted" folder and tap on it. Here, you will find all the photos that you’ve deleted within the last 30 days. To recover an image, simply select it, tap on "Recover" and it will be restored to its original location on your device.
It’s important to note that the recently deleted folder is not unlimited and the photos within it will be permanently deleted after 30 days. Furthermore, if you manually delete images from the recently deleted folder, they will be immediately removed from the device and cannot be recovered.
In summary, deleted photos are not permanently removed from an iPhone immediately but are instead sent to a recently deleted folder where they remain for 30 days before being permanently deleted. It’s important to check this folder if you’re looking to recover accidentally deleted images, but keep in mind that the window of time to do so is limited.
Does deleting a photo remove it from all devices?
Deleting a photo on one device does not necessarily remove it from all devices. It depends on several factors such as:
1. iCloud Photo Library: If you have iCloud Photo Library turned on and are signed in to the same Apple ID on all your devices, deleting a photo on one device will also delete it from all the other devices that have iCloud Photo Library enabled.
2. Shared Albums: If the photo is part of a Shared Album that you’ve created, deleting it from your device will only remove it from your local copy, but other people who have access to the Shared Album will still be able to see the photo.
3. Other cloud services: If you’re saving photos to other cloud services like Dropbox or Google Photos, deleting a photo from your device will not delete it from those services, and it may still be available on other devices or online.
4. Local storage: If you’re not using any cloud services and are only using local storage on each device, deleting a photo from one device will only remove it from that device, and it will still be available on other devices.
In summary, it depends on how you’re storing your photos and whether you have enabled cloud services such as iCloud Photo Library.