When you delete your iCloud account, there are a few things that will happen. Here are some steps and reasons to consider:
1. Loss of access to iCloud services: Deleting your iCloud account means you will lose access to all iCloud services associated with that account, such as iCloud Drive, iCloud Photo Library, iCloud Mail, and more.
2. Data deletion: When you delete your iCloud account, all data associated with that account, such as contacts, documents, files, and photos will be deleted. Therefore, make sure you back up any important data before deleting your iCloud account.
3. Sign out from all devices: Before you can delete your iCloud account, you must first sign out from all devices that are currently signed in to that account. This includes iPhones, iPads, Macs, and any other devices that you may have linked to your iCloud account.
4. Affects other Apple services: Your iCloud account is linked to other Apple services, such as the App Store, iTunes, and Apple Music. Therefore, deleting your iCloud account may also affect your access to these services.
5. Loss of purchases: When you delete your iCloud account, you may also lose access to any purchases, such as apps or music, that you have made using that account.
In conclusion, deleting your iCloud account should be carefully considered, and you should ensure that you have backed up any important data before proceeding. If you are unsure about deleting your iCloud account, it’s recommended that you seek assistance from Apple support.
Video Tutorial:Does deleting iCloud delete everything?
What happens if I delete my iCloud account on my iPhone?
Deleting your iCloud account from your iPhone would result in the loss of access to your iCloud storage and services associated with that account. This includes things like your iCloud Backup, iCloud Drive, and iCloud Photos, as well as any contacts, calendars, and other data you may have stored in iCloud.
Additionally, disabling iCloud on your iPhone will also turn off some features like Find My iPhone, iMessage, and FaceTime.
If you do choose to delete your iCloud account, you can still use your iPhone without an iCloud account. However, you will no longer be able to use any of the services mentioned above, and any data that was stored in your iCloud account will no longer be available on your iPhone.
If you’re considering deleting your iCloud account, make sure to backup any important data that’s stored in iCloud before proceeding. You can also consider moving your data to another cloud storage service or downloading it to your device before deleting your account.
Can I delete my iCloud account and start again?
Yes, it is possible to delete your iCloud account and start again. However, deleting your iCloud account means losing all the data stored in that account, including your contacts, photos, and documents. If you’re sure you want to proceed with deleting your iCloud account, here are the steps you need to follow:
1. Back up your data: Since deleting your iCloud account will erase all your data, you need to make sure you have a backup of your important files. You can do this by using iCloud or iTunes to create a backup of your iPhone or iPad.
2. Sign out of your iCloud account: Before you can delete your iCloud account, you need to sign out of it on all your devices. To do this, go to Settings > [Your Name] > iCloud, and then turn off all the toggles. Wait for a few minutes, and then restart your device to make sure you’re completely signed out.
3. Contact Apple: To delete your iCloud account permanently, you need to contact Apple Support. Explain to them that you want to delete your account and provide them with your Apple ID and other relevant information. They will guide you through the process and let you know if there are any additional steps you need to take.
4. Wait for confirmation: After you’ve contacted Apple Support, you will receive an email confirming that your iCloud account has been deleted. This process may take a few days to complete.
Once your iCloud account has been deleted, you can create a new one and start using it right away. However, keep in mind that you will need to re-download your contacts, photos, and documents from your backup.
Will deleting iCloud account delete photos?
Yes, deleting an iCloud account will delete all the photos stored in iCloud unless some steps are taken beforehand. Here are the steps to consider:
1. Back up your photos: Before deleting your iCloud account, make sure to back up all your photos on a local device or external storage device. This is to ensure that you don’t lose any photos permanently.
2. Turn off iCloud Photos: If you’re using iCloud Photos, turn it off before deleting the iCloud account. This will ensure that all your photos are downloaded to your device before proceeding with the deletion.
3. Check for other devices: If you have other devices synced with the same iCloud account, make sure to disable iCloud Photos on those devices as well. This is to ensure that the photos don’t get deleted from those devices as well.
4. Delete the account: Once you’ve backed up your photos and disabled iCloud Photos, you can proceed with deleting the iCloud account. This will remove all the photos stored in iCloud, so make sure to download them onto a local device or external storage device before proceeding.
In conclusion, deleting an iCloud account will delete photos stored in iCloud. It’s important to follow the steps mentioned above to ensure that your photos are backed up and not lost permanently.
Does deleting from iCloud also delete from device?
Deleting files or data from iCloud does not necessarily delete them from your device. This depends on the specific settings and preferences you have enabled for iCloud and device synchronization.
If you have enabled the "Optimize Storage" feature on your device, then your device will automatically delete locally stored files and data that have already been uploaded to iCloud in order to free up space. However, this deletion only occurs when your device is running low on storage space.
If you have not enabled "Optimize Storage" and have saved files locally on your device, then deleting them from iCloud will not delete them from your device. In this case, you would need to manually delete the files from your device.
It is important to note that some apps and documents may be set to automatically sync between your device and iCloud, so deleting them from iCloud will also delete them from your device. However, this depends on how the individual app settings are configured.
In summary, deleting from iCloud does not necessarily delete from your device and it largely depends on your specific settings and preferences for iCloud and device synchronization. It is always important to double-check before deleting any files or data to ensure that you’re not unintentionally deleting them from your device.
Does deleting iCloud account delete photos?
Deleting your iCloud account will not erase your photos from your device. However, the photos, along with other data, will be removed from the cloud and will not be accessible from other devices. If you want to delete your iCloud account while retaining your photos, make sure to download them to your device or transfer them to another cloud service before deleting your account. To download photos from iCloud to your device, follow these steps:
1. Open the Photos app on your device.
2. Select “Albums” at the bottom of the screen.
3. Choose “All Photos” or “Photos” under the “My Albums” section.
4. Tap the “Select” option in the upper-right corner.
5. Select the photos you want to keep and tap the “Share” button at the bottom of the screen.
6. Choose “Save Image” to save the photos to your device.
Once the photos are saved to your device, you can choose to transfer them to another cloud service or to a computer through a USB connection. It’s important to note that some newer iOS versions may have additional options or slight interface changes, but the basic process remains the same.
How do I restore from iCloud after deleting it?
If you have accidentally deleted something from your iCloud account and you want to restore it, you can do so by following these steps:
1. First, make sure that you are connected to a Wi-Fi network.
2. Go to your device’s Home screen and tap on "Settings".
3. Tap on your name, and then tap on "iCloud".
4. Scroll down and tap on "Storage".
5. Tap on "Manage Storage".
6. Find the app or data that you want to restore and tap on it.
7. Tap on "Delete Data" and then confirm that you want to delete it.
8. Wait for a few moments and then tap on "Restore Files".
9. Select the backup that you want to restore from and tap "Restore".
After the restoration process is complete, your data should be back on your device. Keep in mind that this process may take some time, depending on how much data you are restoring and your internet connection speed. Additionally, it’s always recommended to back up your important data regularly to prevent data loss.