Youtube is the largest video sharing platform on the internet. It contains millions of videos on almost every topic imaginable. However, there are times when videos are deleted, either by mistake or by design. This can be frustrating, especially if the deleted video is one that you wanted to watch or re-watch. Fortunately, there are several methods that you can use to watch deleted Youtube videos. In this article, we will explore some of these methods and explain how they work.
Why You Need to Watch Deleted Youtube Videos
The reasons why you may want to watch deleted Youtube videos are many. For example, you may have watched a video that you found particularly informative or entertaining. You may want to share this video with friends or family, but you find that it has been deleted. Alternatively, you may have been searching for a specific video, and you come across several links to the video, but all of them are dead ends because the video has been deleted. Whatever your reason for wanting to watch deleted Youtube videos, this article will provide you with some useful methods that you can use.
Method 1: Using Archive.org
Archive.org is a non-profit organization that is dedicated to preserving internet content. It has a searchable index of almost every website that has ever been created, and this includes Youtube. Archive.org has been archiving Youtube videos since 2009, so there is a good chance that the video you are looking for is still available on this site.
1. Go to archive.org in your web browser.
2. Enter the URL of the deleted Youtube video into the search bar.
3. Browse the results to see if the video has been archived.
4. If the video is available, click on the link to view it.
– Archive.org has an extensive archive of web content, including Youtube videos.
– You can use Archive.org to view videos that have been deleted from Youtube.
– It is free to use.
– Archive.org may not have archived every Youtube video.
– The quality of the archived video may not be as good as the original video.
Method 2: Using a Cached Version
When you visit a website, your browser stores a cached version of the site on your computer. This can include videos that you have watched on Youtube. If you have watched the deleted video before it was removed, you may be able to find a cached version of it on your computer.
1. Open your web browser.
2. Type "cache:" before the URL of the deleted Youtube video in the address bar.
3. Press enter.
4. If a cached version of the video exists on your computer, it will display in the search results.
5. Click on the link to view the cached version of the video.
– You do not need an internet connection to view a cached version of a Youtube video.
– You may be able to view a video that has been deleted without having to visit a third-party website.
– You can only view videos that you have previously watched on Youtube.
– The cached version of the video may not be a complete copy of the original video.
Method 3: Using a Mirror Site
Mirror sites are websites that have a copy of the content of another website. These sites can be useful if the original website is down or has been deleted. There are several mirror sites that have copies of Youtube videos, and you can use these sites to watch videos that have been deleted from Youtube.
1. Go to a mirror site that has a copy of the deleted Youtube video.
2. Search for the video on the site.
3. If the video is available, click on the link to view it.
– Mirror sites can be used to view videos that have been deleted from Youtube.
– Some mirror sites may have a larger selection of videos than what is available on Youtube.
– Some mirror sites may contain ads or pop-ups that can be annoying.
– The quality of the video may not be as good as the original.
What to Do If You Can’t Watch Deleted Youtube Videos
If you have tried all of the methods above and you still can’t watch the deleted Youtube video, there are a few things that you can do.
1. Check to see if the video has been re-uploaded to Youtube. Sometimes the uploader will upload the video again after it has been deleted.
2. Contact the uploader directly and ask if they can send you a copy of the video.
3. Look for alternative sources of the video, such as social media or other video sharing sites.
If you are looking for a specific video that has been deleted from Youtube, you can try searching for the video using Google. Enter the name of the video or some keywords related to the video into the search bar, followed by "site:youtube.com". This will limit the search results to Youtube, but it may also reveal some links to the deleted video.
Q1: Is it legal to watch deleted Youtube videos?
A: Yes, it is legal to watch deleted Youtube videos as long as you are not violating the copyright of the video.
Q2: Can I still get a copyright strike for watching a deleted video?
A: It is possible to get a copyright strike for watching a deleted video if the video has been deleted because of copyright infringement.
Q3: Will I get a virus from watching a deleted Youtube video?
A: You could get a virus from watching a deleted Youtube video if you are watching the video on a third-party website that is not safe.
Q4: Can I download a deleted Youtube video?
A: It is possible to download a deleted Youtube video, but it is not legal to do so without the permission of the copyright holder.
Q5: Why are Youtube videos deleted?
A: Youtube videos are deleted for a variety of reasons, including copyright infringement, community guideline violations, or the uploader has taken the video down themselves.
There are several methods that you can use to watch deleted Youtube videos. Some of these methods are more reliable than others, but they are all worth trying if you really want to watch a video that has been deleted from Youtube. When using third-party sites to watch deleted Youtube videos, remember to be cautious and use a reliable anti-virus software to protect your computer.