Whatsapp is the world’s largest instant messaging platform with over 2 billion users worldwide, and it is available on both iOS and Android devices. One of the features of Whatsapp is the option to delete messages, which can be helpful when you send something by mistake or want to delete an inappropriate message. However, if you ever deleted a Whatsapp message by mistake or someone else did and you want to see it again, there are ways to recover it. In this article, we’ll guide you through several methods to see deleted messages on an iPhone Whatsapp.
To recover deleted messages on an iPhone Whatsapp, you will need a few things:
- Your iPhone, with the latest version of Whatsapp installed
- The backup of your Whatsapp chats saved on iCloud
- A computer with a stable internet connection
What Requires Your Focus?
Recovering deleted Whatsapp messages would require your focus to follow the steps with careful attention so as not to miss any important points. Also, you will need to ensure your iPhone is fully charged and has enough space to restore the backup files. You may also need to disable the automatic Whatsapp backup option on your iPhone to avoid overwriting the backup file.
Different Methods to See Deleted Messages on iPhone Whatsapp
Method 1: Recover Deleted Whatsapp Messages from iCloud Backup
This method is effective only if you have created a backup of your Whatsapp chat history on iCloud before deleting the messages, and you have not overwritten the backup since then.
– Easy to use
– Effective in recovering recent chats
– Not effective if the backup file was made after deleting the messages
– Overwritten backups cannot be used for recovery
- Uninstall and reinstall Whatsapp on your iPhone
- Verify your phone number and provide necessary permissions to restore your backup from iCloud
- Select the "Restore" option when prompted, and wait for the process to complete
- Once it’s done, open Whatsapp and you’ll see your recovered chats, including the deleted messages
Method 2: View Deleted Whatsapp Messages using Third-Party Software
There are various third-party software programs that claim to recover deleted Whatsapp messages. However, most of them are not reliable and may compromise your privacy and security. We recommend using Tenorshare UltData, a trusted and secure software that can recover Whatsapp messages and attachments from iCloud backup files.
– Recover messages from any point in time
– Safe and reliable
– Paid service
– Requires installing third-party software
- Download and install Tenorshare UltData on your computer
- Run the software and select "Recover from iCloud Backup"
- Select the backup file that contains the deleted Whatsapp messages and click "Next"
- Choose "Whatsapp & Attachments" as the file type to scan and click "Scan"
- Wait for the scanning process to complete, and then select the deleted Whatsapp messages you want to recover
Method 3: Request Whatsapp Chat History from the Contact or Group
If you have deleted Whatsapp messages from a contact or a group, you can request the chat history from them. However, this is not guaranteed to work, and the other party may not be willing or able to provide you with the chat history.
– Not guaranteed to work
– The contact or group may refuse to provide the chat history
- Open Whatsapp and find the contact or group from which you want to recover the deleted messages
- Send a message requesting the chat history, explaining that you accidentally deleted some messages and need them back
- If the contact or group agrees, they can send you the chat history via email or use a third-party app to transfer the chat data
Why Can’t I See Deleted Messages on iPhone Whatsapp?
There are several reasons why you may not be able to see deleted messages on iPhone Whatsapp:
- You did not create a backup before deleting the messages.
- The backup file was created after you deleted the messages.
- The backup file was overwritten after you deleted the messages.
- You have deleted the messages a long time ago, and they are no longer recoverable.
- Always create a regular backup of your Whatsapp chats on iCloud or use a third-party app to back up your chats to your computer.
- Make sure you don’t overwrite your backup file after deleting messages.
- Disable automatic Whatsapp backups on your iPhone to avoid overwriting the backup file.
- Try using third-party software, as it can recover messages from any point in time.
Implications and Recommendations
Deleting messages on Whatsapp doesn’t mean the messages are gone forever. In fact, if you have a backup, you can easily recover them. However, there are potential risks associated with using third-party software, such as exposing your privacy and security. Therefore, it’s always recommended to use secure and trusted third-party software, such as Tenorshare UltData.
5 FAQs about Recovering Deleted Whatsapp Messages on iPhone
Q1: Can I recover deleted messages on Whatsapp without a backup?
A: Unfortunately, it’s not possible to recover deleted messages on Whatsapp without a backup created before the messages were deleted.
Q2: Can I recover deleted media files, such as photos and videos, on Whatsapp?
A: Yes, you can recover deleted media files along with your Whatsapp chat history if you have a backup file.
Q3: Is it safe to use third-party software to recover deleted Whatsapp messages?
A: It depends on the software you’re using. Always use a trusted and secure third-party software, such as Tenorshare UltData, to avoid privacy and security risks.
Q4: Can I recover deleted messages on Whatsapp if I’m not using an iPhone?
A: Yes, you can recover deleted messages on Whatsapp on Android devices using the same methods as for iPhone, such as restoring from backup or using third-party software.
Q5: How long does Whatsapp keep backup files?
A: Whatsapp keeps backup files on iCloud for up to 180 days. After that, they are automatically deleted.
We hope this article has helped you recover your deleted Whatsapp messages on an iPhone. Always remember to create regular backups of your Whatsapp chats and use reliable third-party software if necessary. It’s important to be cautious when using third-party software, as they may compromise your privacy and security.