As we are heavily dependent on our smartphones nowadays, an accidental deleted email may cause some issues. When it comes to iPhones, retrieving deleted trash emails sounds like a challenge to many. Fortunately, there are some methods to recover deleted trash emails on your iPhone. In this article, we will discuss some methods to recover your emails.
The Challenge of How to Retrieve Deleted Trash Emails on iPhone
There are several reasons why retrieving deleted trash emails on iPhone can be a challenge. One of the main reasons is that once you delete an email, it moves to the trash folder, where it stays for 30 days before getting permanently deleted. If you missed that period, you need some technical knowledge to retrieve deleted emails from your iPhone’s trash folder.
Things You Should Prepare for
Before discussing the methods to retrieve deleted trash emails, there are a few things that you should prepare beforehand:
1. Updating your iPhone to the latest iOS version to prevent technical issues.
2. Checking your internet connection to ensure a smooth recovery.
3. Backing up your emails regularly to avoid losing them permanently.
Method 1: Via iCloud Backup
This method is only effective if you had enabled iCloud backup on your iPhone.
1. First, go to iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID.
2. Click on the "Mail" icon.
3. Look for "Recently Deleted" on the left side of your screen.
4. Click on it and select the emails you want to restore.
5. Finally, click on the "Recover" button.
Pros: Easy, Free, Quick Cons: Limited to emails within the last 30 days.
Method 2: Via iTunes Backup
This method will only work if you had backed up your iPhone with iTunes.
1. Connect your iPhone to your computer.
2. Open iTunes and select your device.
3. Click on "Restore Backup."
4. Select the backup archive where the deleted email was present.
5. Wait for a few minutes until the restore process is completed.
Pros: Easy, data backup included, no time restraint, affordable. Cons: May overwrite your recent data.
Method 3: Via a Third-Party Email Application
This method needs your iPhone to have an email application installed such as Gmail, Yahoo, or Outlook.
1. Open the email application that you installed.
2. Go to the "Trash" or "Bin" folder.
3. Select the deleted email you want to recover.
4. Press and hold the email.
5. Choose the "Move" command and move it to your "Inbox" folder.
Pros: Accessible, Free, Can recover emails after 30 days. Cons: May require additional application installation.
Why Can’t I Retrieve My Deleted Trash Emails on iPhone?
There could be several reasons why you can’t retrieve deleted trash emails such as:
1. Your iPhone’s trash folder has exceeded its limit, and the email you are looking for is permanently deleted.
2. You didn’t enable backup in your iPhone or computer.
3. The email is archived instead of being deleted.
1. Check your iPhone’s capacity, and empty the trash regularly.
2. Back up your emails more frequently.
3. Check your archive folder.
Always check your trash or bin folder before permanently deleting any email.
Keep your software updated to ensure a smooth process.
5 FAQs About How to Retrieve Deleted Trash Emails on iPhone
Q1: Can I retrieve deleted trash emails on my iPhone without backup?
A: No, it is not possible to retrieve deleted trash emails on your iPhone without backup.
Q2: How long does iCloud store deleted emails?
A: iCloud stores deleted emails for up to 30 days.
Q3: Can I retrieve permanently deleted trash emails on iPhone?
A: No, it is not possible to retrieve permanently deleted trash emails on iPhone.
Q4: Is it possible to recover emails by accessing the email server?
A: Yes, it is possible to retrieve deleted emails by accessing the email server.
Q5: Can I recover a specific email among other data from iTunes backup?
A: Yes, you can restore a particular email among other data from iTunes backup.
Retrieving deleted trash emails on an iPhone could be challenging, but it is not impossible. In this article, we discussed some methods to recover your emails, depending on your situation. Always remember to back up your emails regularly to avoid losing them permanently.