Emails have become an important medium of communication in today’s world. It has become a necessity and many people use it for various purposes. People use Gmail, one of the most popular email services, to communicate personally and professionally. However, sometimes we end up permanently deleting emails that are important and we regret it later. Losing important emails can be a nightmare for many, especially when it was an urgent or crucial mail. Fortunately, there are ways to recover permanently deleted emails from your Gmail account. In this blog post, we will explore several methods that can help you recover your deleted emails.
Why You Need to Know How to Recover Permanently Deleted Emails from Gmail Account
Gmail is used by millions of people worldwide and it is one of the most reliable email services out there. However, there are times when you might accidentally delete some important emails or even empty the trash folder. Fortunately, Gmail has a feature that allows you to recover your deleted emails even after they have been permanently deleted from the trash folder. Knowing how to recover permanently deleted emails can be a lifesaver for you in certain situations such as:
1. Accidentally deleting important emails containing critical data such as login credentials, important documents, or sentimental messages.
2. Losing important emails due to phishing attacks or hacking attempts.
3. Losing important emails due to unauthorized access or theft of your account.
4. Accidentally emptying the trash folder without realizing the important emails were still there.
5. Losing important emails due to system errors or glitches.
Method 1: Using Gmail’s Built-In Recovery Feature
Gmail has a built-in recovery feature that allows you to recover deleted emails from the trash folder. This feature can be used to recover emails that have been deleted within the past 30 days. Here are the steps to use Gmail’s Built-In Recovery Feature:
1. Open your Gmail account and go to the "Trash" folder on the sidebar.
2. Locate the email that you want to recover and click on it to open it.
3. Click on the "Move to Inbox" button located at the top of the email or press the shortcut key "Shift + i".
4. The email will now be moved to your inbox, and you can access it like any other email.
– Easy to use
– Built-in feature, no third-party software required
– Can recover emails deleted within 30 days
– Can only recover emails deleted within the last 30 days
– Emails permanently deleted from the trash folder cannot be retrieved using this method
Method 2: Using a Third-Party Software – Stellar Data Recovery for Gmail
Stellar Data Recovery for Gmail is a professional software that allows you to recover deleted emails from your Gmail account. This software offers a quick and easy way to recover emails that have been deleted from your Gmail account. Here are the steps to use Stellar Data Recovery for Gmail:
1. Download and install Stellar Data Recovery for Gmail on your computer.
2. Launch the software and log in to your Gmail account.
3. Select the time frame for which you want to recover the deleted emails (options include last 7 days, last 15 days, last 30 days, and last 60 days).
4. After selecting the time frame, click on the "Start" button to begin the recovery process.
5. After the recovery process is complete, you will be able to preview the recovered emails.
6. Select the emails that you want to restore and click on the "Restore Selected Emails" button.
– Can recover emails deleted beyond the 30-day recovery period
– Easy to use through a simple graphical interface
– Allows you to preview emails before restoring them
– The software is not free and requires a purchase
– Recovery time might be longer than the built-in recovery feature
Method 3: Using Google Vault
Google Vault is a premium tool provided by Google that offers advanced data protection and archiving solutions for G Suite users. The tool allows you to protect and retain valuable data including emails, documents, and chat conversations. One of the features of Google Vault is the ability to recover permanently deleted emails. Here are the steps to use Google Vault:
1. Sign in to your Google Vault account.
2. Select "Matters" from the menu on the left-hand side.
3. Click on the "Create Matter" button.
4. Enter the name of the matter and select "Mail" under "Matter Types".
5. Click on "Create".
6. Select the matter that you created and click on the "Search" button.
7. In the search bar, type "in:trash" to limit the search to deleted emails only.
8. Select the email that you want to recover.
9. Click on the "Export" button to download and save the email to your computer.
– Can recover permanently deleted emails
– Offers advanced data protection and archiving solutions
– Provides search option to locate deleted emails
– Google Vault is a premium tool that requires a fee
– Requires a bit of technical knowledge and some time to master.
What to Do If You Can’t Find Your Permanently Deleted Gmail Emails
If you’ve tried all of the above methods and still can’t find your permanently deleted Gmail emails, don’t panic. There are still some fixes that you can try to recover your emails:
1. Check other devices – if you have accessed your Gmail account from different devices, try logging in to your account from another device to see if the emails are still available.
2. Check other folders – sometimes emails might get moved to different folders by mistake. Check other folders apart from the trash folder to see if the email is there.
3. Contact Google Support – if none of the above methods work, you can reach out to Google support for assistance. They might be able to help you recover your emails.
To prevent permanent deletion of important emails, it is recommended that you enable a backup and sync feature in your Gmail account. This feature creates a backup of your emails and stores it in a different location, which can be used to retrieve deleted emails.
Q1: Is it possible to recover emails that have been permanently deleted from the trash folder?
A: Yes, it is possible to recover permanently deleted emails using third-party software such as Stellar Data Recovery for Gmail or by using Google Vault.
Q2: How long are deleted emails kept in the trash folder on Gmail?
A: Deleted emails are kept in the trash folder for 30 days. After 30 days, the emails are permanently deleted.
Q3: Is there a way to recover emails that have been deleted from the spam folder?
A: No, once emails are deleted from the spam folder, they cannot be recovered.
Q4: Can I recover an email that was deleted before I created a backup?
A: No, if you don’t have a backup copy of the email, it cannot be recovered.
Q5: Is it possible to recover only a portion of an email?
A: No, if an email is deleted, the entire email will have to be recovered, you cannot recover only a portion of it.
Accidentally deleting important emails can be frustrating, but fortunately, there are several ways to recover them. The methods outlined in this blog post can help you recover your permanently deleted Gmail emails. It is recommended that you try the built-in recovery feature first before resorting to third-party software or Google Vault. And always enable backup and sync feature in your Gmail account to prevent permanent deletion of important emails.