Have you ever lost your browsing history on YouTube? Perhaps you accidentally cleared it or your iPad ran out of storage and had to be reset. Whatever the reason, losing your YouTube search history can be frustrating and inconvenient. Fortunately, there are ways to recover deleted YouTube history on an iPad. In this blog post, we will share several methods to help you retrieve your lost YouTube search history.
Why You Need to Recover Deleted YouTube History on iPad
YouTube history is valuable for several reasons. It tracks your watched videos, so you can easily find and continue watching where you left off. It also helps you discover new videos based on your viewing patterns. Moreover, YouTube history is a great tool for parents who want to monitor their children’s viewing habits. Having said that, losing your YouTube history on your iPad can be a huge setback. It makes finding the last video you watched difficult, affects your recommendations and impairs you from tracking any unwanted videos your children may have watched.
Method 1: Via The YouTube App
One of the easiest ways to recover deleted YouTube history on iPad is through the YouTube app. Here is how to do it:
1. Launch the YouTube app on your iPad and sign in to your account.
2. Tap on the Library icon on the bottom right corner.
3. Tap on the History tab located at the top of the screen.
4. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap on ‘Manage all activity’.
5. From the ‘manage history’ page, you can recover deleted videos by selecting the three horizontal dots beside each video and pressing ‘Add to History’.
– Easy to use and can be done on the iPad directly.
– You can recover multiple videos at once.
– The restore process is limited to only 60 days, after which deleted videos are permanently unavailable.
– The method only works if you logged in to your YouTube account before deleting the history.
Method 2: Recover From iPad Storage
If your iPad still has the deleted file stored in its cache or trash folders, you can retrieve it using this method. Here is how to do it:
1. Download and install any file recovery software such as Tenorshare UltData, then launch it.
2. Connect your iPad to the computer using a USB cable and select ‘Scan’ on UltData.
3. After the scan is complete, select the ‘Videos’ category on the left pane of the software interface.
4. Browse through the files to find the deleted video, select it, and click on ‘Recover’.
– A reliable way of restoring deleted YouTube history on iPad.
– Works even when videos have been deleted for a long time.
– Requires a computer and third-party software.
– It may take a while to recover the file, depending on the size of the lost video.
Method 3: Retrieve From Google Takeout
Google Takeout is a platform that allows you to download a copy of your data from your Google account. If you have previously backed up your YouTube data, you can retrieve deleted videos from this backup using this method. Here is how to do it:
1. Go to Google Takeout using your iPad and sign in to your Google account.
2. Choose Deselect All, then scroll down to locate YouTube under SELECT DATA TO INCLUDE.
3. Click on the YouTube icon to select YouTube data to be downloaded.
4. Choose from the available download options such as format, delivery method, and frequency then click on create export.
5. Within a few minutes, you will receive an email notification with a link to download your YouTube history.
6. Extract the downloaded file and search for the deleted video(s).
7. Once you locate the deleted video(s), you can add it back to your history.
– Google Takeout is free to use and easy to download.
– It backs up all your data on YouTube, including all the videos you watched, liked, or disliked.
– It can take quite a long time to retrieve the lost history if you have a lot of data on YouTube.
– It is only an option for those who have backed up their YouTube history through Google Takeout prior to the deletion.
What to Do if You Can’t Recover Deleted YouTube History on iPad
If you have tried all the above methods and still cannot restore your lost YouTube history on iPad, consider the following:
– Use a different device: While you may have deleted history on your iPad, it could still be stored in your Google account history. Try signing on another device to access your YouTube account history.
– Keep a log of videos you watch: Consider keeping a piece of paper handy or making a digital note of the videos you watch to avoid losing track of your watch history.
– Reach out to support: If you are still unable to recover your lost YouTube history, contact YouTube support for further assistance.
Set up a watch history reminder to avoid loss of future history.
To do this, open the YouTube app and navigate to settings then select ‘Privacy & General’ and under ‘History & Privacy’, select ‘Pause watch history’ and toggle on the switch to activate. Additionally, select ‘Remind me to take a break’ and adjust the slider as desired. This will notify you to take a break so that all your YouTube watch history can be saved before your time expires.
Q1: How long does YouTube keep watch history?
A: By default, YouTube keeps your history for up to three years.
Q2: Can I recover only certain videos from my deleted YouTube history?
A: Yes. When you locate the deleted videos, you can choose to restore the selected videos.
Q3: Why can’t I recover my YouTube history if I am not logged in?
A: If you are not logged in to your YouTube account, there is no way to recover the lost history as YouTube requires you to have an account to track your search history.
Q4: Can I recover permanently deleted YouTube history?
A: Unfortunately, your deleted YouTube history cannot be recovered if it has been permanently deleted.
Q5: What happens to my YouTube watch history when I clear my cache?
A: If you clear your cache, you will delete your local copy of your watch history. However, this does not affect your YouTube account’s watch history.
Losing your YouTube watch history on iPad does not mean that it is permanently lost. With the right method, you can recover deleted YouTube history on iPad and continue enjoying uninterrupted streaming on your device. We hope our guide has been helpful. Be sure to try these methods, and in case of further inquiries, do not hesitate to reach out to YouTube support.