Samsung Galaxy S8 is a flagship smartphone that boasts of an impressive camera. It is no wonder that many people use it to capture their life’s memorable moments. Unfortunately, it is common for some users to accidentally delete photos from their device, which can be frustrating. However, the good news is that it’s possible to recover the lost pictures. This blog will discuss various methods that you can use to recover deleted photos from Samsung Galaxy S8.
To recover deleted photos from Samsung Galaxy S8, you will need the following:
- Your Samsung Galaxy S8 device with deleted photos
- A computer
- A USB cable
- A reputable photo recovery software
- A good internet connection
What Should I Pay Attention to?
When recovering lost photos from your Samsung Galaxy S8, it’s important to keep in mind the following:
- Do not use your Galaxy S8 to take new photos or videos as this could overwrite the deleted pictures that you are trying to recover
- Stop using the Galaxy S8 once you notice that you have lost photos to avoid the possibility of the device overwriting the lost data
- Ensure that your computer has enough storage space to store the recovered photos
- Use reputable photo recovery software from known brands
Method 1: Using Samsung Cloud Backup
Samsung Galaxy S8 comes with a cloud backup feature that saves data including photos. If you had enabled this feature before deleting your photos, you can easily recover them using the following steps:
- Open the Gallery app on your Samsung Galaxy S8
- Tap on the ‘three dots’ icon at the top right corner of the screen
- Select ‘Settings’ and then ‘Samsung Cloud’
- Sign in with your Samsung account details
- Select ‘Restore’ and choose ‘Gallery’
- Select the photos that you want to restore and tap ‘Done’
- It’s a free method for those who have enabled the Samsung cloud backup feature
- The steps are easy to follow
- You can restore multiple photos at once
- It is only effective if you had enabled the Samsung cloud backup feature before deleting your photos
- You need a stable internet connection to restore photos from the cloud
- You might lose the photos forever if you had not enabled the Samsung cloud backup feature
Method 2: Using Google Photos
Google Photos is a cloud storage service that is compatible with Samsung Galaxy S8. It automatically backs up photos and videos taken from your device. Therefore, if you had enabled this feature on your device, you can recover your lost photos using the following steps:
- Visit the Google Photos website on your computer
- Sign in to your Google account that you use on your Samsung Galaxy S8 device
- Select the ‘Trash’ folder on the left-hand side of the screen
- Choose the photos that you want to recover and click on the ‘Restore’ button
- It’s free to use
- It can be used to recover photos from any device that has Google Photos installed
- You do not need any special skills or software to use this process
- It’s only effective if you had Google Photos installed on your Samsung Galaxy S8 device and had enabled the backup feature
- You need a good internet connection to restore photos from the cloud
Method 3: Using a Data Recovery Program
When other methods fail, using a good data recovery program can be a reliable way to recover lost photos on your Samsung Galaxy S8. There are many data recovery programs available online, but we will use EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard as an example. Follow the below steps to recover deleted photos from your Samsung Galaxy S8:
- Download and install EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard on your computer
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy S8 to the computer using a USB cable
- Open the program and select "External Devices Recovery"
- Choose your Samsung Galaxy S8 device and click "Scan"
- Once the scan is complete, select the photos that you want to restore and click "Recover"
- You can recover photos even if other methods fail
- You don’t need to have had backed up the deleted photos before they were deleted
- It’s easy to use and comes with a user-friendly interface
- It may not recover all lost photos with a 100% success rate
- The free version has limited recovery capacity
- You need to upgrade to the pro version to access full features.
Why Can’t I Recover All Deleted Photos from Samsung Galaxy S8?
Recovering all deleted photos from Samsung Galaxy S8 is not always possible. There are several reasons why you might not be able to recover all your deleted photos, including:
- Overwritten Data: When you continue to use your device after deleting photos, the device may replace the deleted data with new data, making it difficult to recover everything.
- Hardware Damage: If your Samsung Galaxy S8 device is physically damaged, it may be impossible to recover your lost photos.
- Software Incompatibility: Some data recovery software may be incompatible with your version of Samsung Galaxy S8 or may fail to recognize some deleted files
Here are a few suggestions to help you avoid losing your photos in the future:
- Ensure that you back up your photos in a cloud service or an external storage device regularly.
- Don’t use your device to take more photos after you realize that you have lost photos to prevent overwriting the lost data
- Use a protective phone case to protect your Samsung Galaxy S8 from physical damage.
Q1. Can I recover deleted photos from Samsung Galaxy S8 without a computer?
A1. No, most recovery methods require the use of a computer.
Q2. Can I recover deleted photos if I didn’t have any backup?
A2. Yes, you can use data recovery software to scan your device and recover the deleted files.
Q3. How can I improve my chances of recovering all my deleted photos?
A3. The best way to increase your chances of recovering all the deleted photos is by acting quickly, avoiding using your Samsung Galaxy S8 after you notice the loss, and using reputable recovery software.
Q4. Can I use recovery software that I download online for free?
A4. Yes, you can, but there is no guarantee that these programs will work correctly or might be infected with a virus. It’s advisable to use reputable data recovery software from known brands.
Q5. How long does the data recovery process take?
A5. The data recovery process can take several minutes to multiple hours, depending on various factors, such as the amount of lost data and the recovery software’s type and capacity.
Losing photos from your Samsung Galaxy S8 can be distressing, but it’s not the end of the story. You can recover deleted photos using Samsung Cloud, Google Photos, or data recovery software such as EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard. However, be careful when using the device after noticing the loss because this can lead to overwriting the lost data, which makes the recovery process difficult or impossible. Remember to back up your photos regularly and look for a reputable recovery software that is compatible with your device to avoid losing your photos permanently.