Losing the photos on your iPhone can be a frustrating experience. You may have accidentally deleted them, or your phone may have become damaged or lost. Fortunately, there are ways to recover deleted photos from your iPhone 10 and avoid any permanent loss of your cherished memories. In this blog post, we will detail some of the methods you can use to recover deleted photos from your iPhone 10.
The Challenge of Recovering Deleted Photos from iPhone 10
iOS devices have limited storage capacity which can lead to accidental deletion of the photos. Fortunately, you can recover deleted photos from iPhone 10, but it is not a straightforward process. In some instances, you may need to use third-party software to recover your photos if they are not backed up. In this guide, we will cover various methods that you can use to recover deleted photos.
Things You Should Prepare for
Before you get started with recovering your deleted photos from iPhone 10, there are a few things that you should have ready. Firstly, ensure that your iPhone is fully charged or connected to a power source. This is important because it could take some time to recover all of your photos, and you don’t want your phone to run out of battery.
Secondly, you should have a good Wi-Fi connection. Downloading third-party software or uploading large data files requires a stable internet connection. In the case of restoring iCloud backups, a good Wi-Fi connection is paramount. Lastly, ensure you have sufficient storage capacity on your computer to store recovered photos.
Method 1: Via iCloud Backup
Using iCloud to backup your photos is one of the most popular ways to ensure you don’t lose your photos permanently. iCloud backup uploads your most recent data to the cloud, which you can later restore in case of data loss. Follow the steps below to check if your photos are available in your iCloud backup.
1. Open the "Settings" app on your iPhone 10, then go to "General" and click on "Reset."
2. Select "Erase All Content and Settings" and then choose "Erase Now." This will reset your phone to factory settings.
3. Follow the prompts until you see the "Apps and Data" option, and then click on "Restore from iCloud Backup."
4. Sign in to your iCloud account and select the backup that you want to restore from.
5. Wait for the restore process to complete.
6. Once the restoration is complete, open the "Photos" app on your iPhone and check if all the deleted photos have been recovered.
– You can quickly and easily restore your photos from an iCloud backup.
– There is no need to use any third-party software.
– You need a good Wi-Fi connection.
– You must have set up iCloud backup on your iPhone beforehand.
– The restoration process can take quite some time.
Method 2: Via iTunes Backup
If you have backups of your iPhone device in iTunes, you can restore them in a few steps. Follow the steps below to restore your deleted photos.
1. Connect your iPhone 10 to your computer and launch iTunes.
2. Click on your iPhone icon to reveal your phone’s details.
3. Click on "Restore Backup."
4. Select the backup you want to restore from by date and time.
5. Once the restoration is complete, check if all your photos are available in the Photos app on your iPhone.
– You can restore your deleted photos without having to pay for any third-party software.
– iTunes backups ensure that your photos are stored and readily available.
– You must have a backup available and made before the photos were deleted.
– You need to have access to a computer with iTunes installed.
Method 3: Via Third-Party Software
There are many third-party software applications available that enable you to recover deleted photos from your iPhone 10. These software applications access your phone’s data storage and attempt to restore any deleted photos. In this guide, we will detail the steps for using the Dr.Fone data recovery software.
1. Download and install the Dr.Fone data recovery software on your computer.
2. Connect your iPhone using a lightning cable to your computer.
3. Launch Dr.Fone and select "Recover."
4. Select the file type "Photos" that you want to recover.
5. Click on "Scan" and wait for the software to scan your iPhone.
6. Review the recovered photos and select those that you want to restore.
7. During the restoration process, choose the file format you’d like to save the photos as (JPEG, PNG, etc.)
8. Save the recovered photos in a location of your choosing on your computer.
– Third-party software offers greater flexibility in recovering your deleted photos.
– The process is generally quicker than iCloud or iTunes backup restoration.
– Dr.Fone and similar software programs require a onetime or ongoing fee to use.
– Recovering photos may be difficult if you’ve deleted them a while back.
Why Can’t I Recover Deleted Photos from iPhone 10?
1. Photos are not being saved to iCloud or iTunes backup.
Fix: Enable iCloud or iTunes backup on your iPhone to ensure your photos are stored and easily recoverable.
2. Your photo storage is full.
Fix: Delete unwanted files or apps and ensure you have enough storage for photos to reduce the likelihood of photo deletion.
3. Your iPhone has been damaged or lost.
Fix: Have a disaster recovery solution in place to recover your photos on another device.
– Regularly backup your iPhone to easily restore important data such as photos.
– Delete old and unwanted photos regularly to ensure enough storage space and to lessen the likelihood of accidental deletion.
– Use a software or cloud-based application to keep an archive of your photos.
5 FAQs about Recovering Deleted Photos from iPhone 10
Q1: Can I recover photos that have been deleted from the recently deleted folder?
A: Yes, you can retrieve photos that have been deleted from the recently deleted folder using iCloud, iTunes, or third-party software.
Q2: Can I recover photos from a damaged iPhone?
A: Yes, but you may need to use specialized software or seek professional assistance to recover photos from a damaged iPhone.
Q3: How long can it take to recover deleted photos?
A: The time it takes to recover deleted photos depends on the method you choose to use. iCloud and iTunes backup restoration can take several hours. Recovering using third-party software can take minutes to hours depending on the volume of data.
Q4: Can I recover photos that were deleted before enabling iCloud backups?
A: Unfortunately, you cannot recover photos deleted before enabling iCloud backups, but you may be able to recover them using third-party software.
Q5: Can I recover deleted photos without a computer?
A: Yes, you can recover deleted photos using iCloud. However, you may need a computer to store recovered photos permanently.
Losing photos from your iPhone 10 can be a frustrating experience, but it is not the end of the world. The good news is that there several ways to recover deleted photos from iPhone 10. Use iCloud or iTunes backups first before resorting to third-party software. Ensure your phone is backed up regularly to make data recovery easier. Use a professional data recovery service if your phone suffered physical damage.