In today’s digital world, emails have become an integral part of our lives. Most of our critical communication happens over emails, and losing them can be a nightmare. Imagine losing all your emails from Gmail on your iPhone? Scary, isn’t it? But don’t worry, because in this blog post, you will learn how to recover deleted emails from Gmail on your iPhone.
Why You Need to Recover Deleted Emails from Gmail on iPhone
There are diverse reasons why you might need to recover deleted emails from Gmail on your iPhone. Sometimes, you accidentally deleted an email, and you need it back. Other times, your Gmail might have suffered an error that led to emails’ loss. In some scenarios, emails get deleted due to the updates of your iPhone’s software. Whatever the reason, losing Gmail emails can be frustrating and detrimental. Hence, it is essential to know how to recover deleted emails from Gmail on your iPhone.
Method 1: Gmail App
Gmail app is popular for email management due to its distinct features, including easy access to emails. With Gmail app, you can recover deleted emails by following these simple steps:
1. Open the Gmail app on your iPhone.
2. Click on the "menu" icon at the top left corner of the app.
3. Scroll down to the "Bin" or "Trash" folder and click on it.
4. Select the email you want to recover and click on the "move to" icon.
5. Choose the folder you wish to move the email to, and it will reappear in that folder.
– Easy to access
– Works on iPhone
– The deleted emails might be present in the bin for only 30 days.
Method 2: GSuite Admin Console
If you’re using Gsuite admin console for email management on your iPhone, here’s how you can recover deleted emails:
1. Begin by logging in to the Gsuite admin console.
2. Click on the Gmail control panel.
3. In the control panel, select the user whose deleted email you need to recover.
4. Click on "restore data."
5. Choose the appropriate date range, select the emails you want to recover, and click on "restore."
– Offers features beyond the basic email management
– Stores emails for an extended period compared to the Gmail app.
– Only for users with GSuite accounts
– Recovering the email may take time
Method 3: Use Recovery Software
If you’ve exhausted all other options and still can’t recover deleted Gmail emails on your iPhone, your last option is to use third-party email recovery software. There are several recovery software available, but the best in the market is Dr.Fone-Recovery software. Here’s how to use it:
1. Begin by installing the Dr.Fone software on your computer and connect your iPhone.
2. Select "recover from IOS device" to begin the scan.
3. Wait for the software to scan your iPhone.
4. Browse through the list of recoverable data and select the email you want to recover.
5. Click "recover" and save the email in your preferred location.
– Works when other methods fail
– Recovers other data beyond email
– Recovery software can be expensive.
– Takes more time to recover compared to other methods.
What to Do If You Can’t Recover Deleted Emails from Gmail on iPhone
If you’ve tried all methods and still can’t recover deleted emails from Gmail, don’t panic. You can try the following fixes:
– Check your filter settings to ensure the deleted emails did not end up in spam or trash folders.
– Log in to Gmail from a computer and check if the emails are still in the bin.
– Consider contacting Gmail support for assistance.
To avoid losing important emails in the future, it’s essential to have backup measures in place. Ensure you have a backup of your emails on your computer or cloud storage.
Q1: Is it possible to recover permanently deleted emails from Gmail on iPhone?
A: Unfortunately, once emails are permanently deleted, it’s impossible to recover them from Gmail servers.
Q2: How long do deleted emails stay in Gmail bin?
A: Gmail stores deleted emails in the bin for 30 days. After the 30 days, the emails are permanently deleted and cannot be recovered.
Q3: Can I recover deleted emails from Gmail without a computer?
A: Yes, you can recover deleted emails from Gmail using the Gmail app on your iPhone.
Q4: Is it safe to use third-party recovery software for email recovery?
A: Yes, it’s safe to use third-party recovery software. However, ensure you choose a reputable software that won’t compromise your data.
Q5: How do I prevent Gmail emails from being deleted accidentally?
A: To prevent Gmail emails from being accidentally deleted, you can enable the "undo send" feature in Gmail settings.
Losing emails can be catastrophic, especially when crucial information is involved. However, with the above methods, you can quickly recover deleted emails from Gmail on your iPhone. We recommend trying out each method before giving up. Remember, prevention is better than cure; always backup your emails to avoid future data loss.