It can be quite frustrating to accidentally delete an important app on your Android phone. The good news is that it is not impossible to recover it. In this blog post, we will discuss some methods that you can use to recover your deleted app and get back to using it like before.
The Challenge of Recovering Deleted Apps in Android Mobile
Recovering deleted apps in Android mobile can be a challenging task, especially if you are not well versed in the technical aspects of using Android devices. There are several scenarios where you may have accidentally deleted an app from your phone. These include tapping on the wrong app, factory resetting your phone, or getting a new phone without backing up your old app.
Regardless of the reason, this can be frustrating, especially if the deleted app contains valuable data or is crucial to your daily routine. Fortunately, with some of the methods we will discuss, you will be able to recover your deleted app and restore it to your phone in no time.
Things You Should Prepare for
Before you start recovering your deleted app, there are a few things you should prepare for. These include:
- Your phone should have minimum battery percentage of 20%.
- You must have an internet connection to download the app again.
- You must have an active Google account linked to your Android device.
- You can only recover apps that were previously downloaded on your device. If you have never downloaded the app before, it cannot be recovered.
Method 1: Recover Deleted App via Google Play Store
To recover your deleted app via Google Play Store, follow the below steps:
- Launch Google Play Store on your device.
- Click on the three horizontal lines on the top left of your screen to open the Menu bar.
- Select “My apps & games” from the Menu bar.
- Select the “Library” tab at the top, and it will display the list of all the apps you have installed or downloaded from Play store till date.
- Find the app that you accidentally deleted and click on the Install button next to it. This will re-install the app on your device.
- It is simple to use.
- All previously downloaded apps are available on this store.
- You can only recover apps that were previously downloaded from Google Play Store.
- You must have an active Google Account and internet connection to download the app.
Method 2: Recover Deleted App via Android Data Recovery Software
If the above method fails to recover your deleted app, you can try using Android data recovery software like EaseUS MobiSaver. Follow these easy steps:
- Install and run EaseUS MobiSaver on your computer.
- Connect your Android device to your computer using a USB cable.
- Select the Android device that you want to recover data from.
- Choose the file type you want to recover, in this case, select "applications".
- Scan your device to find the deleted app.
- Select the deleted app that you want to recover and click the "recover" button.
- Can recover data from both internal and external storage.
- Can recover deleted data from a broken phone, even without accessing the phone screen.
- Cannot guarantee 100% data recovery.
- It is not a free service.
Method 3: Recover Deleted App via Android Device Manager
Android Device Manager is a built-in service in most Android devices. It allows you to locate your device, ring it, or even erase its contents remotely. Another feature of Android Device Manager is that you can use it to recover deleted apps on your device. Follow the following steps:
- Visit Android Device Manager website on your computer or click this link https://www.google.com/android/find.
- Log in with the Google account linked to the device you want to recover apps from.
- Click on "Security" option.
- Select "Find lost devices" and your phone will be located on the map.
- Click on "Play Sound" if it is not already in silent.
- Open Google Play Store on your device and look for the deleted app.
- Click "Install" to re-install the app on your device.
- It is a built-in service in most Android Devices.
- It is free to use.
- Allows you to remotely manage your device in addition to recovering lost data.
- Can only locate your device if location services are enabled on the device.
- You must have an active internet connection and Google account to use this feature on your device.
Why Can’t I Recover My Deleted App?
There are several reasons why you may not be able to recover your deleted app. Here are a few, along with their solutions:
1. App was not downloaded from an authorized source
A common reason why you cannot recover your deleted app is that the app was not downloaded from an authorized source. In this case, you will have to find the app’s APK file and install it on your device. Follow the below steps:
- Go to APKMirror website.
- Search for the app you want to download and select it.
- Click on the latest version of the app to download it.
- After downloading, go to your device settings, security, and check the “Unknown sources” option.
- Tap on the downloaded APK file to install the app and use it.
2. Device is not compatible with the app
The second reason why you may not be able to recover a deleted app is that your device is not compatible with the app. In this case, you can check the app’s compatibility requirements before downloading it by checking the app’s description on the Google Play Store. If the app is not compatible with your device, you may need to consider upgrading to a newer device.
3. App is permanently deleted
If you deleted the app permanently, you may not be able to recover it. In this case, you will need to download the app again and start using it as new with no previous data stored.
- Always backup your Android apps and data regularly to ensure easy retrieval in case of a factory reset or accidental delete.
- Use an advanced app or software to scan your device regularly for any threats that may lead to data loss.
- Educate yourself on how to use the different recovery methods discussed in this blog post in case of emergencies.
5 FAQs about Recovering Deleted App in Android Mobile
Q1: Can I recover data from an app that was deleted along with my Google account?
A: No, once you delete your Google account, all the linked data and apps will be deleted permanently.
Q2: Can I recover an app that is no longer available on Google Play Store?
A: Yes, you can recover apps by downloading their APK files from third-party websites.
Q3: Can I recover an app from a broken phone?
A: Yes, you can recover data from a broken phone using Android data recovery services like EaseUS MobiSaver.
Q4: Can I recover an app that I did not download from Google Play Store?
A: Yes, you can recover any app by downloading its APK file from authorized sources.
Q5: Will recovering a deleted app result in a loss of data?
A: No, recovering an app usually does not result in data loss. However, it is important to note that the app will be restored to a state as if you have never used it before.
Accidentally deleting an app on your Android device can be frustrating, but with the methods discussed in this post, you can recover it easily. Always remember to backup your apps and data regularly and choose a reliable software service to recover deleted data. Finally, educate yourself on the different recovery methods to make it easier to recover data in case of an emergency.