Snapchat is a popular social media platform that allows users to share photos and videos that disappear after a few seconds. However, sometimes users accidentally delete photos that they want to keep. Fortunately, there are several methods that can be used to recover deleted photos on Snapchat. In this blog, we will discuss these methods in detail.
To recover deleted photos on Snapchat, you will need:
1. A smartphone with the Snapchat app installed
2. A computer or laptop
3. Internet access
4. A Snapchat account
What Should I Pay Attention to?
1. Deleted photos on Snapchat are only stored on the app’s servers for a limited time, usually around 30 days.
2. If the photo was taken with Snapchat’s My Story feature, it may be possible to recover it from there.
3. It is important to act quickly when trying to recover a deleted photo on Snapchat, as the longer you wait, the less likely it is that the photo can be recovered.
Method 1: Check Snapchat’s Spam Folder
Before trying any complicated recovery methods, it’s important to check if the deleted photo is still in Snapchat’s spam folder.
1. Open Snapchat and swipe right to access the chat screen.
2. Tap on the ‘Chat’ button at the bottom left corner of the screen.
3. Look for a chat with the person that sent the photo.
4. If the photo is still available it will be denoted by a grey icon next to the chat.
5. Press and hold the chat and select ‘Unarchive’ from the pop-up menu.
6. Tap on the chat again to restore the photo.
This method is quick and easy to execute, it does not require any technical skills.
This method only works if the deleted photo is still in the spam folder.
Method 2: Recover a Deleted Snapchat Photo from Memories
If you had previously saved the photo on your Memories, you can easily find it by following these steps:
1. Open the Snapchat app and go to the ‘Memories’ tab by swiping up on the camera screen.
2. Select the ‘Camera Roll’ tab to see all of your saved snaps.
3. Look for the deleted photo and tap on it to open it.
4. Press and hold on the photo and select ‘Restore Snap’.
This method works even if the photo has been deleted from Snapchat’s servers.
This method only works if you previously saved the photo to Memories.
Method 3: Retrieve A Deleted Snapchat Photo Via Data Recovery Tool
If the above methods did not work, you can try using a data recovery tool such as EaseUS MobiSaver to recover deleted photos from your phone.
1. Download and install EaseUS MobiSaver on your computer.
2. Connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable and launch the data recovery tool.
3. Select your phone from the list of devices and click on ‘Start Scan’ to scan your phone for deleted files.
4. The tool will display a list of deleted files, select the photo you want to recover.
5. Click on ‘Recover’ to restore the photo to your computer.
Data recovery tools can recover photos that have been deleted from the phone’s memory.
The success of data recovery depends on how soon you begin a recovery attempt.
Method 4: Contact Snapchat Support
If none of the above methods work, your last resort is to contact Snapchat support and request them to recover the deleted photo.
1. Go to the Snapchat support page.
2. Click on the ‘Contact Us’ button.
3. Fill out the form with your request and send it to Snapchat support.
4. Wait for Snapchat’s response.
Snapchat support may be able to recover the photo if it is still available on their servers.
Snapchat support may not be able to recover the photo if it is permanently deleted.
Why Can’t I Recover My Deleted Snapchat Photo?
There are several reasons why you may not be able to recover a deleted Snapchat photo:
1. The photo was deleted more than 30 days ago and is no longer available on Snapchat’s servers.
2. The photo was not saved in Memories and has not been backed up to your phone’s storage.
3. The data recovery tool cannot find the deleted photo, as it has been overwritten on your phone’s memory.
To increase your chances of recovering a deleted Snapchat photo, it is recommended that you:
1. Act quickly: The sooner you try to recover the photo, the more likely it is that you can retrieve it successfully.
2. Save important photos to Memories: Save important photos to the Memories tab or download them to your phone’s storage to avoid losing them.
3. Backup your phone’s data: Enable automatic backup of your phone’s data to a cloud storage service such as Google Photos or iCloud.
Q: Can I recover deleted Snapchat photos without using a computer?
A: Yes, you can try using a smartphone photo recovery app such as DiskDigger, Dumpster or DigDeep.
Q: How long do deleted photos stay on Snapchat’s servers?
A: Deleted photos are only stored on Snapchat’s servers for about 30 days.
Q: Can Snapchat support recover deleted photos from other people’s accounts?
A: No, Snapchat support can only recover deleted photos from your own account.
Q: How can I recover a photo that I accidentally sent to the wrong person on Snapchat?
A: If the person you sent the photo to has not opened it yet, you can long-press on the photo and select ‘Delete’ to delete it before they have a chance to view it.
Q: Can Snapchat detect if I recover a deleted photo?
A: No, Snapchat cannot detect if you recover a deleted photo.
Losing a photo on Snapchat can be frustrating, but there are several methods that can be used to recover it. It is important to act quickly when trying to recover a deleted photo and to make sure that important photos are saved on Memories or backed up to your phone’s storage. If all else fails, contacting Snapchat support may be your last resort for photo recovery.