Have you ever accidentally deleted an important email, and then realized too late that you needed it? Or maybe you’re just tired of scrolling through your deleted items folder to find an email you deleted by mistake? Either way, you’re in luck! In this article, we’ll show you how to move all deleted email back to the inbox in Outlook, so you can easily find and access it again.
To complete this task, you’ll need:
- A computer or mobile device
- An internet connection
- Access to Outlook email account
What Requires Your Focus?
To successfully move all deleted email back to inbox in Outlook, you need to focus on the following:
- Choosing the right method that matches your need
- Following the steps closely, and doing it correctly
- Checking the accuracy of the selected deleted email to avoid missing important ones
- Making sure that the deleted email is restored and moved to the right folder
Different Methods to Move All Deleted Email Back to Inbox Outlook
Method 1: Using the Recover Deleted Items Feature
If you are using a Microsoft Exchange account, you can recover deleted email items by following these steps:
- In your Outlook account, go to your Deleted Items folder
- Click on the "Folder" tab on the top of the screen
- Click on the "Recover Deleted Items" button
- A popup should appear listing all of your recently deleted items
- Select the email you want to recover and click the "Recover Selected Items" button
- The email should now be recovered and moved to the folder you have selected
- Quick and easy way to recover deleted emails
- Handy feature built into Outlook
- Only works with Microsoft Exchange accounts
- You can only recover emails that were recently deleted (within the past 30 days)
Method 2: Using the “Move to Folder” Feature
To move deleted email back to inbox in Outlook using this method, follow these steps:
- Select the Deleted Items folder on the left navigation bar
- Select the email(s) you want to restore
- Click on the "Move" tab located at the top of the screen
- Select the "Other Folder" option
- Choose the Inbox folder where you want your emails to go back to
- Click "OK"
- Simple and easy to perform
- Works with all kinds of email accounts
- Not efficient when you need to restore numerous emails
- Could take longer time to recover many emails
Method 3: Using the Search Feature
To recover deleted email using the search feature, follow these steps:
- Go to the Deleted Items folder in Outlook
- Click the "Search" bar
- Type in "Deleted" or any word that matches your deleted email
- Press Enter to start searching
- Select the email(s) you want to restore
- Drag the selected email(s) to the Inbox or any other folder of your choice
- Works with all types of email accounts on Outlook
- Quick and easy way to search for lost emails
- Could be time-consuming searching for numerous emails
- You might end up recovering the wrong email(s)
Why Can’t I Move All Deleted Email Back to Inbox Outlook?
There are various reasons why you can’t move all deleted email back to Inbox in Outlook. Some of the most common include:
- You might not have the right permissions to recover deleted items from your Exchange server
- You might have emptied your Deleted Items folder, which removes all items permanently
- Your deleted email(s) might have been put into an archive folder or PST file
To fix these issues, you can try the following fixes:
- Consult with your Exchange Server administrator to check the Security settings for the Deleted Items
- You can recover certain files, including deleted emails, from an earlier backup if you have one
- You can check your Archive folder or PST folder to see if the deleted email(s) have been moved there
Implications and Recommendations
The implications of losing a vital email can be significant, particularly if it contained important information such as passwords, contacts, or other sensitive data. To mitigate the risk of losing critical emails, consider the following recommendations:
- Backing up your email regularly to a secure location
- Using email retention policies to ensure that you don’t lose important emails
- Avoiding permanently deleting emails unless necessary
- Storing important information in a secure location other than your email
5 FAQs about How to Move All Deleted Email Back to Inbox Outlook
Q1: Can you recover permanently deleted emails from Outlook?
A: It’s not always possible to recover permanently deleted emails from Outlook, but you can try certain fixes such as restoring from a backup file or checking your archive folder.
Q2: Can I recover deleted emails from a year ago in Outlook?
A: Unfortunately, if you deleted an email more than 30 days ago, it may not be possible to restore it using the Recover Deleted Items Feature in Outlook.
Q3: How can I find emails that have been deleted from my inbox?
A: You can find deleted emails by checking the Deleted Items folder in Outlook, searching for them using the Search bar, or by accessing the Recover Deleted Items option.
Q4: Can I restore more than one deleted email at a time?
A: Yes, you can restore multiple emails at a time. You can select multiple emails by holding down the Shift key or Ctrl key while clicking on them.
Q5: What is the best way to backup my Outlook emails?
A: The best way to backup Outlook emails is by using an email backup tool or by saving a copy of your emails to an external hard drive or cloud storage service.
Accidentally deleting an important email can be a frustrating experience, but thankfully, there are several ways to recover it. In this article, we’ve shown you three different methods on how to move all deleted email back to Inbox Outlook. By following the steps outlined in this article, you should be able to recover any accidentally deleted emails with ease.