Have you ever deleted an email account by mistake and realized your mistake later? Losing an important email account can cause a lot of stress and trouble. Fortunately, there are ways to recover your deleted email account. In this blog post, we will be discussing methods that can help you get your deleted email account back.
Before we get started, there are a few things that you should have ready. Firstly, make sure you have the email address and password for the deleted email account. Secondly, keep the verification process documents like phone numbers, alternate email ID, and security questions and answers handy to verify the account ownership. Thirdly, you would require the device from where you used to access the deleted email account or the browser installed on it, as some of the recovery processes might demand the browser cookies and history.
What Requires Your Focus?
Before we jump into the details, it’s important to stay calm. Panic and stress can lead to mistakes, which can make the recovery process even more difficult. Be patient and follow the steps carefully. Also, make sure to read the instructions carefully before proceeding. Any mistake can ruin the verification process, causing you to lose the chance to regain your account.
Different Methods to Get Your Deleted Email Account Back
Method 1: Recover Deleted Emails from Email Provider’s Bin
Using: Recovery from Email Provider’s Bin
If you have deleted your email account and want to restore it, you can try recovering it from the email provider’s bin. Some email services like Gmail and Yahoo keep your deleted emails in the ‘Trash’ or ‘Deleted Items’ folder for a certain period. Here’s how to retrieve them.
1. Open your email service login page and sign in using your email address and password.
2. Once you log in, look for the ‘Trash’ or ‘Bin’ folder.
3. In your deleted emails folder, look for the email account that you want to restore.
4. Once you find the deleted email account, select it and click on the ‘Restore’ option.
5. Check if the email account is restored, go to the main email dashboard and look for the account you want to recover.
– Easy and quick method to recover deleted email accounts.
– Recovering deleted emails within a limited time frame is possible.
– If the email provider has a shorter period of recovery, you might lose your account permanently.
– The ‘Trash’ or ‘Deleted Items’ folder gets deleted after a certain period, and if you don’t recover within the timeline, chances are the email account got permanently deleted.
Method 2: Recover Deleted Email Accounts From Email Hosting Provider
Using: Recovery from Email Hosting Provider
If you don’t have the option to recover from the provider’s bin, you can directly contact the email hosting provider and recover your deleted email account.
1. Open a web browser and navigate to your email hosting provider’s website.
2. Click on the ‘Help’ or ‘Support’ section.
3. Search for the ‘Restoration of Account’ option and select it.
4. Some email hosting providers offer a three-day window to recover deleted email accounts. But most of the hosting providers may ask for payment or subscription upgrade.
5. Follow the steps given by the hosting providers to recover the deleted account.
– High chances of recovery as email hosting providers have several backup systems.
– Some email hosting providers come with a post-subscription for account recovery within a specific time period.
– Might need technical assistance to recover the deleted email account.
– If the email account is permanently deleted, hosting providers often don’t have a restore option.
Method 3: Recover Deleted Email Accounts through Email Recovery Software
Using: Email Recovery Software
There are various email recovery software available to recover lost or deleted email accounts. They help to recover emails and folders as well the account.
1. Download and install the email recovery software on your device.
2. Follow the instructions given to recover deleted email accounts.
3. Some software might require additional steps wherein you have to scan deleted files or folders to check if the email is still available.
4. Once you have selected the deleted account to recover, the software will run a deep scan of the device storage and restore the account.
5. After restoring, the account is visible on the email dashboard.
– Works well for accidentally deleted or lost email accounts.
– Efficient and quick method to recover deleted email accounts.
– Some software comes with limited trial versions, which might restrict the full access of the software.
– Requires special treatment and software knowledge to run the application properly.
Why Can’t I Get My Deleted Email Account Back?
*: Recovery of Email Account
1. The account was deleted more than 30 days ago.
Fix: As your email hosting provider if they have any backup and restoration for accounts deleted longer than 30 days.
2. You don’t have the required login credentials.
Fix: Try resetting the password by the recovery option or get a backup from phone numbers or alternate email IDs.
3. You don’t have access to the device or browser where email account was last active.
Fix: Try to recover the device to access your email account through your browser’s history or cookies.
4. Someone else deleted your email account.
Fix: Contact the email service provider to verify your ownership and restore the account.
Implications and Recommendations
Losing an email account can be a real headache and cause a lot of trouble. It’s essential to have a backup of all emails and details from important accounts. To prevent this from happening in the future, keep a backup of all login credentials, phone numbers, and alternate email IDs. It would help if you were cautious when deleting emails, making sure that you don’t harm your essential ones.
5 FAQs about How to Get Your Deleted Email Account Back
Q1: Can I recover a Google email account that was deleted up to a year ago?
A: No, you can only recover deleted Google email accounts within 30 days. The email account gets permanently deleted after that.
Q2: Can I recover a Yahoo email account that I closed unintentionally?
A: Yahoo email accounts can’t be recovered once they’re closed. You need to create a new email account if you want to use Yahoo again.
Q3: What information do I need to provide to recover my deleted email account from my email hosting provider?
A: You need to provide the email address and password of the deleted email account. Along with that, you need to give the date of deletion and valid identity proof to verify ownership.
Q4: What can I do to prevent losing my email account permanently?
A: Always keep a backup of all your important emails and documents in a secure storage location. Additionally, keep the login credentials and alternate ID verification details in place.
Q5: Will I lose all my emails if my email account gets permanently deleted?
A: Yes, all the emails and documents sent or received through that account will be deleted permanently without any backups.
Losing an important email account can be a real headache, but it doesn’t have to be the end. There are multiple methods to recover the deleted email account that you can try. However, it’s essential to have a backup of all the data and register necessary details on private domains to avoid losing essential accounts permanently. Follow the steps given in this blog post carefully and patiently, and recover your deleted email account in no time.