iPhones have amazing camera quality and it is no wonder that many users capture their cherished moments in videos. However, they can accidentally delete their videos or sometimes, videos go missing for no apparent reason. Losing a video can be heartbreaking especially when it is something that you can never get back. The good news is that there are several ways to get deleted videos back on your iPhone. In this blog post, we will discuss various methods that you can use to recover your lost videos.
The Challenge of Getting Videos Back That You Deleted on iPhone
When a video is deleted from an iPhone, it is not actually removed from the device. Instead, the space it occupies is marked as available and can be overwritten if you continue to use the device. This means that if you do not take any action, the video can be permanently lost. It is therefore essential to act swiftly and use the right tools and techniques to recover the lost videos.
Things You Should Prepare for
Before you embark on the recovery process, there are a few things that you should prepare for. These include:
1. A reliable and reputable data recovery software – There are several data recovery tools that you can use to recover lost videos on your iPhone. However, not all of them are created equal. It is best to choose a trustworthy and reliable software that has been tested and proven to be effective.
2. A backup – If you have regular backups of your iPhone, you can easily restore the lost videos from the backup. Ensure that you have a recent backup before you start the recovery process.
3. A USB cable – You will need a USB cable to connect your iPhone to the computer.
Method 1: Recover Deleted Videos from iPhone Recently Deleted Folder
When you delete a video on your iPhone, it is not immediately removed. The video is moved to the Recently Deleted folder where it stays for 30 days before it is permanently deleted. Here is how to recover deleted videos from the Recently Deleted folder:
1. Open the Photos app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on Albums at the bottom of the screen.
3. Scroll down and tap on Recently Deleted.
4. Tap on the video(s) that you want to recover.
5. Tap on Recover and the video(s) will be restored to your iPhone.
1. Simple and straightforward
2. No need for an external tool
3. Videos are restored to the location they were deleted.
1. This method only works for videos that were deleted less than 30 days ago.
2. The videos are permanently deleted after 30 days.
Method 2: Restore Deleted Videos from iCloud Backup
If you regularly backup your iPhone to iCloud, you can restore the deleted videos from the backup. Here’s how:
1. Open Settings on your iPhone.
2. Tap on your name at the top of the screen.
3. Click on iCloud.
4. Tap on Manage Storage.
5. Select your iPhone from the list of devices.
6. Click on Backup Options.
7. Select the backup that contains the videos that you want to restore.
8. Tap on Restore.
9. Enter your Apple ID and password.
10. Wait for the restore process to complete.
1. Simple and easy to follow.
2. Videos can be restored from any backup.
1. The restore process can take a long time if you have large backups.
2. You can lose data that is not included in the backup.
Method 3: Recover Deleted Videos from iTunes Backup
If you have been regularly syncing your iPhone with iTunes, you can restore the lost videos from your iTunes backup. Here’s how:
1. Connect your iPhone to your computer.
2. Open iTunes and click on your iPhone.
3. Click on Restore Backup.
4. Select the backup that contains the videos that you want to restore.
5. Click on Restore.
6. Wait for the restore process to complete.
1. Videos can be restored from any iTunes backup.
2. The restore process is fast and efficient.
1. You may lose data that was not included in the backup.
2. You must have an iTunes backup that contains the deleted videos.
Why Can’t I Get Videos Back That I Deleted on iPhone
1. If the videos were deleted more than 30 days ago, they may have been permanently deleted from your iPhone.
Fix: Try recovering the videos from an iCloud or iTunes backup that is closest to the time that the videos were deleted.
2. The videos may have been overwritten by new data on your iPhone.
Fix: Stop using your iPhone immediately and try to recover the lost videos as soon as possible.
3. The backup you are trying to restore from may not contain the deleted videos.
Fix: Try restoring from a different backup.
1. Try not to use your iPhone for any other functions once you realise that your videos are missing.
2. Regularly backup your iPhone to avoid the loss of videos and other data.
5 FAQs about Getting Videos Back That You Deleted on iPhone
Q1: Can I recover permanently deleted videos from my iPhone?
A: If the videos were permanently deleted, it is unlikely that you will be able to recover them.
Q2: Can I recover videos that were deleted more than 30 days ago?
A: If the videos were deleted more than 30 days ago, it is highly unlikely that you will be able to recover them.
Q3: How can I avoid losing videos and other data on my iPhone?
A: You can regularly backup your iPhone to iCloud or iTunes to avoid the loss of videos and other data.
Q4: Can I recover lost videos without using a backup?
A: Yes, you can recover lost videos using a data recovery tool like EaseUS iPhone Data Recovery.
Q5: Can I recover deleted videos from my iPhone without a computer?
A: Yes, you can recover deleted videos on your iPhone using iCloud backup.
Losing important videos from your iPhone can be devastating. However, with the right tools and techniques, you can recover the lost videos. Remember to act quickly to avoid overwriting the lost videos and to regularly backup your iPhone to avoid losing any data.