There are countless reasons why we sometimes delete apps from our iPhones. Maybe you were trying to make space on your device, or you mistakenly deleted the app, or it just simply vanished. Whatever the reason was, it can be a frustrating experience, especially if the app you deleted was one you used often. Fortunately, getting them back is not as complicated as you think. In this article, we’ll cover several methods for how to get phone app back on iPhone after deleting it.
Why You Need to Get Phone App Back on iPhone?
There are many reasons why you would need to get a phone app back on your iPhone. A lot of these apps are essential for daily use, and without them, it can cause a lot of disruption and inconvenience. Whether it’s a messaging app, social media app, or productivity app, they all serve a critical purpose in our daily lives. If you’re someone who relies on their iPhone for work, then it’s even more important to have these apps readily available. That’s why knowing how to get phone app back on iPhone is crucial.
Method 1: Download from the App Store
If you have only accidentally deleted the Phone app icon from your iPhone, your first instinct should be to check the App Store, where you initially downloaded it. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Open the App Store on your iPhone.
- Tap on the search bar and enter "Phone" in the search bar.
- Once you find the app, tap on the "Cloud" icon or "Download" button next to it.
- Enter your Apple ID password if prompted.
- Wait until the phone app downloads on your iPhone and appears on the home screen.
- It is very straightforward and easy to follow.
- You might discover a new version or an enhanced version of the app.
- You must be signed in with your Apple ID
- The app won’t show as a normal icon on the screen until you download it back.
Method 2: Check Hidden Apps
Sometimes, you might have accidentally hidden the Phone app instead of deleting it. Hidden apps don’t appear on the home screen but still exist on the device. To unhide them:
- Swipe down the center of your home screen to launch Spotlight Search.
- Type "Phone" in the search bar at the top of your screen.
- Position your finger on the phone app when it appears in the search results, swipe up, and tap "Cancel."
- It takes less time to execute than downloading from the App Store.
- You can recover the app icons without needing internet access.
- You have to enter its name precisely in the search bar for the app to appear, and then you must swipe up to uncover it.
- Hidden apps can occupy a considerable amount of storage space over time.
Method 3: Restore from iTunes or Finder Backup
If you have recently backed up your iPhone any time before the deletion, you can restore the deleted app from your iTunes or Finder backup with these steps:
- Plug your iPhone into your computer to access iTunes or Finder.
- Locate your iPhone in the device menu bar and click on "Restore Backup."\
- Choose the most relevant backup from which you expect the phone app exists.
- Click on the "Restore" button, and wait until the process completes.
- The Phone app icon should now be visible on your iPhone’s home screen.
- You can recover not just the deleted app, but also other information permanently deleted on your iPhone.
- You do not have to download it again from the App Store.
- It may take a long time depending on the size of your backup files and your internet speed.
- It will overwrite all your existing data except your media files with the iOS backup data.
Method 4: Restore from iCloud Backup
If you have enabled iCloud Backup on your device before the deletion, you can recover your deleted app by restoring from the backup file. Here’s how to do it:
- Ensure that your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Open your iPhone and click on "Settings."
- Click on "General" and then "Reset."
- Select "Erase All Content and Settings."
- The iPhone will prompt you to enter the device passcode or Apple ID Password. After entering it, click on the "Erase iPhone" button.
- After the phone is erased, the "Apps & Data" screen will appear. Choose "Restore from iCloud Backup."
- Select the most relevant backup file that may contain the Phone app.
- Wait for the restore download to complete.
- The Phone app will reappear after the restore process is complete.
- Your app will be transferred to an iCloud Backup making the backup larger but safer.
- It doesn’t require using a computer as backup files can be easily restored via iCloud.
- It may require a fast and stable internet connection.
- You must enter your device passcode or Apple ID Password.
What to Do If You Can’t Get Phone App Back on iPhone?
If you have tried all the methods mentioned above, but still unable to recover the deleted Phone app icons, here are three fixes you can try:
1. Restart your iPhone: Press and hold the side button until the slider appears. Slide the slider to power off your iPhone. After a few seconds, press and hold the side button again until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
2. Check Restrictions: Sometimes, accidentally turning on restrictions can disable the appearance and use of apps on iPhone. Launch Settings -> General -> Restrictions. If the "Deleting Apps" option is turned off, turn the slider On next to it.
3. Contact Apple Support: If none of the above steps is successful, you can contact Apple support via email or phone. The company can help retrieve your deleted app icons, diagnose the device-related issues and come up with potential solutions.
- Always double-check before deleting an app; sometimes, what appears like an unnecessary app might have critical data or information.
- Regularly backup your iPhone and make sure that your backup files are up-to-date.
- Ensure that your iPhone is updated with the latest iOS software to avoid running into compatibility issues.
Q1: Can I recover a deleted app from the recently deleted folder?
A: Unfortunately, no. The recent deletion only stores the app data. Once you clear the trash, the deleted app icon and all its data are irrecoverable.
Q2: Can I recover my deleted app icons from the App Library?
A: The App Library only shows apps that are present in the device, and you cannot recover deleted app icons there.
Q3: Why hasn’t my iPhone updated me to delete phone apps?
A: The phone apps that Apple integrated with the iOS manufacturer system cannot be deleted from an iPhone. Some phone apps from other sources might be uninstallable.
Q4: Can I restore a deleted app purchased from the App Store without buying it again?
A: Yes. If you have made the purchase, Apple will remember your buying history, and you can download it again from the App Store.
Q5: Can I retrieve a recently deleted app icon if it was not backed up?
A: Unfortunately, no. Once you clear the recently deleted folder or empty the trash, the app icon and all its associated data are permanently removed from the iPhone.
Losing an app icon on your iPhone can be an inconvenience, but it does not mean you must lose it for good. By following the methods in this guide, you can quickly recover your deleted phone app icons without much hassle. Remember to regularly back up your iPhone and be cautious while removing applications.