Every one of us has at least one email account that we use either for personal or work purposes. But what will happen if one day you find your email account has been deleted accidentally or due to some unavoidable circumstances? Losing an email account is indeed a frustrating experience, and it can have some serious implications on your life. However, with the right steps and approach, you can easily recover your deleted email account. In this article, we will guide you through some of the methods that you can use to get your deleted email account back.
Before moving to the methods, you must have some necessary information and tools on hand. Firstly, make sure you have a valid internet connection with a good speed, so you can easily access the email service provider’s website. Secondly, you should know the email service provider and the email account’s username, which you have deleted accidentally. Lastly, you need to have access to your recovery email address or phone number linked to the email account.
What requires your attention is…?
While trying to recover your deleted email account, there are a few things that you should keep in mind. Firstly, you must act as soon as possible because most email service providers have a limited recovery time. Secondly, you should provide enough details about your account, and the reason you lost access to it while filling out the recovery form. Lastly, you must read the instructions carefully and follow them step by step for a successful account recovery process.
Method 1: Check Trash or Spam Folders
One of the easiest methods to recover your deleted email account is to check the Trash or Spam folders. In some cases, email service providers like Gmail or Yahoo temporarily keep the deleted email accounts for a specific period, usually from 30 to 60 days.
- Login to your email account.
- Click on the Trash or Spam folder on the left panel.
- Look for the deleted email account and select it.
- Click on the ‘Move to Inbox’ or ‘Not Spam’ option to recover your account.
Easy and quick method to recover deleted email accounts.
Not all email service providers keep the deleted accounts in Trash or Spam folders. This method has a limited success rate.
Method 2: Use Email Service Provider’s Recovery Form
The email service providers have a specific account recovery form that you can use to recover your deleted account. If you have forgotten your password, username, or deleted your account unknowingly, using the recovery form is the best solution.
- Go to your email service provider’s website.
- Click on the ‘Account Recovery’ option on the login page.
- Fill out the recovery form with accurate details like username, password, and alternate email or phone number.
- Verify your identity by following the instructions in the recovery form.
- Submit the form and wait for the email service provider’s response.
Most email service providers have a high success rate in recovering deleted accounts through the recovery form.
The process may take several days, and sometimes email service providers reject recovery requests due to insufficient details or invalid information.
Method 3: Contact Email Service Provider’s Customer Support
If you cannot recover your deleted email account with the above methods, or you face any issues while filling out the recovery form, you can contact the email service provider’s customer support team. You can email them or chat with them to explain your problem and request account recovery.
- Find the email service provider’s customer support page.
- Explain your problem and request account recovery.
- Provide them with accurate details about your account, and follow the instructions they provide.
You can get personalized help and guidance from the email service provider’s customer support team to recover your account.
It may take a few days to get a response from the support team, and in some cases, they may not be able to help recover your account.
Method 4: Use Third-Party Recovery Tools
If you cannot recover your deleted email account with the above methods, you can use third-party recovery tools. These tools can scan your device and recover deleted emails, including email accounts, passwords, and other information.
- Download and install a reliable third-party recovery tool like EaseUS Data Recovery, Recuva, or Disk Drill.
- Connect your computer or device to the recovery tool.
- Select the email service provider or account you want to recover.
- Follow the instructions provided by the tool and let it scan your device for deleted emails.
- Once the scan is complete, select the deleted email account and recover it.
Third-party recovery tools have a high success rate in recovering deleted emails and accounts.
Third-party recovery tools can be complicated to use, and some tools may not work for all devices or email service providers. Some tools are also paid, which can be expensive for some users.
Why Can’t I Get My Deleted Email Account Back?
There may be several reasons why you cannot recover your deleted email account. Here are some of the common reasons:
- Expired recovery time: Most email service providers remove the deleted accounts after a certain recovery time.
- Insufficient details: If you do not provide sufficient details about your account while filling out the recovery form, your request may get rejected.
- Account hacked or compromised: If your account was hacked or compromised, the email service provider may have removed it from their system to prevent security breaches.
- Technical issues: In some rare cases, email service providers face technical issues that may result in the permanent loss of your account.
Implications and Recommendations
Losing a vital email account can have severe implications, especially if you use it for work purposes. You may lose important documents, contacts, and other valuable information linked to your email account. To prevent such issues, it is recommended to have a backup email account, where you can store your important emails and documents. Moreover, always make sure to secure your email account with a strong password and two-step verification to prevent any unauthorized access or hacks.
Q. How long does it take to recover a deleted email account?
A. Depending on the email service provider and the recovery method you use, the time to recover a deleted email account can vary from a few minutes to several days. It is recommended to act as soon as possible to increase your chances of success.
Q. Can I recover my deleted email account without a recovery email address or phone number?
A. It is challenging to recover a deleted email account without a recovery email address or phone number linked to it. However, you can still try to fill out the recovery form with all possible details to increase your chances of success.
Q. Do I need to pay for third-party recovery tools?
A. Some third-party recovery tools are free, while others may charge a fee for their services. It is recommended to use reliable and reputable recovery tools to prevent any further issues or scams.
Q. Can I recover permanently deleted emails from my account?
A. Permanently deleted emails cannot be recovered from most email service providers. However, some third-party recovery tools boast of being able to recover permanently deleted emails.
Q. Can I recover my deleted email account if it was hacked?
A. If your email account was hacked, it is recommended to report the incident to the email service provider’s customer support team immediately. They may suspend your account to prevent any further compromises or remove it from their system if required.
Losing an email account can indeed be frustrating, but it does not necessarily mean that you have lost access to it permanently. With the above methods and precautions, you can easily recover your deleted email account and prevent any further issues or security breaches. Always remember to act fast and provide accurate information to increase your chances of success. Lastly, it is recommended to back up your important emails and documents to a secondary account or cloud storage to prevent any loss of valuable information.