In today’s world, smartphones have become an integral part of our day-to-day life. We use them to capture our memorable moments, store important data, and stay connected with our loved ones. iPhone is one such popular smartphone brand that has a massive user base across the globe. However, iPhone users face issues like losing their precious photos and videos accidentally. It can be frustrating to lose your photos, especially when they hold a special place in your heart. But, don’t worry, because in this article, we’ll discuss several methods that can help you to get back your deleted photos.
To recover your deleted photos, you will need your iPhone, a computer, and a USB cable. Additionally, you can also use third-party software for recovering your lost data.
What requires your attention is…?
Before we proceed, it’s essential to understand that there is no guarantee that you will recover all of your deleted photos. Also, once you have realized that you have lost your photos, it’s better to stop using your phone and keep it on airplane mode to avoid further data overwriting.
Method 1: Restoring from iCloud Backup:
iCloud is Apple’s cloud storage service that keeps all of your data, including photos, synchronized and backed up. If you have enabled iCloud backup on your iPhone, you might be able to restore your deleted photos from the backup. Here’s how you can do it:
1. Open Settings > Tap on your Apple ID.
2. Tap on iCloud > Tap on Manage Storage > select Backups.
3. Look for your latest iCloud backup, and check if your deleted photos were backed up.
4. If yes, then you can reset your iPhone from the backup. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
5. Once your iPhone is erased, set it up as a new device, and while setting up, choose the option "Restore from iCloud Backup."
6. Select the backup that contains your lost photos, and once the restore is complete, check your Photos app.
Pros: It’s a free and straightforward method, and if you have enabled iCloud backup, you might be able to recover your photos.
Cons: You’ll lose all the data on your iPhone once you erase it. Also, if you haven’t enabled iCloud backup, this method won’t work.
Method 2: Restoring from iTunes Backup:
Similar to iCloud backup, if you have backed up your iPhone to iTunes, you can restore your deleted photos from the backup. Here’s how you can do it:
1. Connect your iPhone to your computer and open iTunes.
2. Click on the iPhone icon > Summary > Restore Backup.
3. Select the latest backup that contains your lost photos, and click on "Restore."
4. Wait for the restore process to complete, and once it’s done, check your Photos app.
Pros: It’s free and straightforward, and if you have backed up your iPhone to iTunes, you can recover your photos.
Cons: You’ll lose the data on your iPhone, and it’s not a reliable method if you haven’t backed up your iPhone to iTunes.
Method 3: Using a Third-Party Tool:
If the above two methods didn’t work for you, you can use third-party tools to recover your deleted photos. Many data recovery software is available in the market, such as EaseUS MobiSaver, Disk Drill, and Dr.Fone. Here’s how you can use EaseUS MobiSaver:
1. Download and install EaseUS MobiSaver on your computer.
2. Connect your iPhone to your computer and launch the software.
3. Select "Recover from iOS Device," and click on "Scan."
4. Once the scan is complete, select the photos you want to recover and click on "Recover."
5. Choose a location to save your recovered photos.
Pros: Third-party software can help you recover your deleted photos even if you haven’t backed up your iPhone.
Cons: Most of the software comes with a hefty price tag, and there’s no guarantee that they will recover all of your lost data. Also, it’s essential to be careful while using third-party tools.
Why Can’t I Get iPhone Photos Back After Deleting?
1. You haven’t backed up your iPhone to iCloud or iTunes.
2. You have overwritten the data on your iPhone by capturing new photos after deleting the old ones.
3. You deleted the photos permanently by using the "Delete Forever" option.
Implications and Recommendations:
Losing your photos can be a heart-wrenching experience. Hence, it’s essential to take regular backups of your iPhone to avoid such situations. iCloud and iTunes backup are free and straightforward methods of backing up your iPhone. Additionally, you can also use third-party software as a backup option. However, it’s essential to be cautious while using third-party tools and ensure that you don’t overwrite your data.
Q1. Can I recover my deleted photos if I haven’t backed up my iPhone?
A1. Yes, you can use third-party software to recover your data. However, there’s no guarantee that you’ll recover all of your lost data.
Q2. Can I recover my photos without using a computer?
A2. Yes, you can try restoring from iCloud backup directly from your iPhone.
Q3. Will I lose all of my data if I restore my iPhone from backup?
A3. Yes, you will lose all the data on your iPhone if you restore it from backup.
Q4. How can I prevent losing my photos in the future?
A4. Take regular backups of your iPhone, avoid overwriting your data, and be careful while deleting photos.
Q5. Can I recover my photos if I deleted them permanently by using the "Delete Forever" option?
A5. No, you can’t recover your photos if you have used the "Delete Forever" option.
Accidentally deleting your photos can be a frustrating experience, but it’s not the end of the world. In this article, we discussed several methods that can help you recover your deleted photos – restoring from iCloud backup, restoring from iTunes backup, and using third-party tools. Additionally, we also highlighted the reasons why you can’t recover your photos and provided recommendations to avoid such situations in the future. Lastly, we answered some common FAQs to help you with your data recovery process.