Have you ever accidentally deleted your Facebook account or had it deleted by someone else? Losing access to your Facebook account can be frustrating and worrisome. However, don’t panic, all is not lost as there are ways to retrieve it. In this article, we’ll show you how to get your Facebook account back after it’s been deleted.
Why You Need to Get Facebook Account Back After Being Deleted
Social media has become a way of life for many people, and Facebook is one of the largest social networks in the world. From staying in touch with friends and family to promoting businesses and brands, Facebook is an essential tool for many people. Losing access to your Facebook account means losing access to all your contacts, messages, and valuable information stored on the platform. Retrieving your account is crucial to avoid starting from scratch, building your contacts and brand again, and regaining your online documentation.
Method 1: Using Account Recovery
If you’ve deleted your Facebook account by accident or if someone else has deleted it, you still have a chance to recover it via the account recovery form provided by Facebook. Follow the steps below:
1. Go to the Facebook account recovery page via the link https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/357439354283890
2. Enter the email or phone number linked with your Facebook account. Type the captcha if asked.
3. Click on the search button.
4. Choose an option to receive the verification code either through email or phone, then click the continue button.
5. Enter the verification code sent to your email address or phone and click the continue button.
6. Now enter your new password and confirm it.
7. Click on the continue button; your account recovery is complete.
+ Retrieving the account recovery process is relatively simple.
+ You can quickly get back your Facebook account with this method.
– You must confirm your identity via email, phone or through Trusted Contact.
– Facebook can take several hours to several days to verify your account.
Method 2: Get Help from Friends
You can also try getting help from your Facebook friends to retrieve your deleted account. Follow these steps:
1. Request for a help from friends logging into Facebook.
2. Ask a friend to log in to your Facebook account, and if possible, the same device can quickly help you recover data or change your account recovery settings.
3. After logging in, the person can change the email or phone number linked to your account.
4. Now go to the account recovery page, the link is https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/357439354283890
5. Enter the new email or phone number to recover the account and create a new password for the account.
+ You can retrieve your Facebook account with help from friends.
+ It’s relatively easy to perform.
– It may not be convenient for your friends to log in to your account.
– You need to trust the person you request help from to log in to your account.
Method 3: Contact Facebook Support Team
If the two methods above don’t work, you can contact Facebook support to retrieve your account. Here’s how to contact Facebook support:
1. Visit the Facebook Help Center at https://www.facebook.com/help/
2. Click on "contact support."
3. Choose "Report a Login Issue" and "I can’t access my account."
4. A form will display; fill it out by selecting the option that best describes the issue you’re experiencing. With these options, Facebook will provide a way to contact the support team.
5. Follow the provided instructions and wait for a response from the Facebook team.
+ Facebook support will help you regain access to your account.
+ They provide a personalized way to address your account issue.
– You’ll need to allow Facebook support access to your personal information before retrieving your account.
– It may take a more extended time to get feedback from Facebook support.
What to Do If You Can’t Get Your Facebook Account Back?
If you’ve tried all three methods and still can’t get your Facebook account back, you can use any of the following alternatives:
+ Sign up for a new account
+ Create a Facebook page instead of an account.
+ Use another social network platform
To avoid losing your Facebook account again, you can use a reliable password manager to protect your Facebook login details. This way, you won’t forget your password or reveal them to unauthorized persons.
Q1: Will Facebook reactivate my account automatically after 30 days?
A: No, Facebook will not automatically reactivate your account after 30 days. You need to follow the above methods to retrieve your account.
Q2: Can I retrieve my account if I don’t have the login credentials anymore?
A: Yes, you can retrieve your Facebook account by following the steps in Method 1.
Q3: How long does the account recovery process take?
A: The time it takes to retrieve your account depends on how quickly Facebook verifies your information. It can take several hours or several days.
Q4: Can I use the same email or phone number for my recovered account?
A: You can, but it’s not recommended. It’s best to use a new email or phone number.
Q5: How can I ensure my Facebook account is secure?
A: You should use a strong password, enable two-factor authentication, avoid clicking suspicious links, and avoid sharing your login credentials with anyone.
Losing access to your Facebook account can be challenging and frustrating, but it’s not the end of the world. By following the above methods, you can retrieve your account and regain access to your contacts and valuable information on the platform. However, if all means fail, you might want to consider creating a new account or using an alternative social media platform.