Tiktok is an extremely popular app that allows you to create and share short videos with people all over the world. While it is easy to use and can be a lot of fun, there are times when you may need to delete the app for one reason or another. However, deleting the app doesn’t necessarily mean that your drafts are gone forever. In this blog post, we will explain how to get drafts back on Tiktok after deleting the app.
The Challenge of Getting Drafts Back on Tiktok After Deleting App
When you delete the Tiktok app, you may think that your drafts are gone forever. However, this is not necessarily the case. When you create a draft on Tiktok, the app automatically saves it to your device’s cache. Therefore, even if you delete the app, there is a chance that your drafts are still on your device. However, finding and recovering those drafts can be a challenge.
Things You Should Prepare for
Before we get started, there are a few things you should prepare for to make the process of getting your drafts back as smooth as possible.
1. Make sure your device is fully charged or plugged in.
2. Download a file manager app to your device.
3. Enable developer options on your device.
4. Prepare to use a computer if necessary.
Method 1: Via File Manager App
The first method we will discuss involves using a file manager app to locate and recover your Tiktok drafts. Follow these steps:
1. Download and install a file manager app such as ES File Explorer.
2. Open the file manager app and navigate to the Tiktok folder.
3. Look for a folder named ttdownloader and open it.
4. Inside the ttdownloader folder, you should see a folder called video. Open it.
5. This folder should contain your Tiktok drafts. You can either copy them to another location on your device or upload them to another platform.
– This method does not require a computer.
– The file manager app is free to download and use.
– This method may not work for all devices.
– The file manager app can be tricky to use for those who are not tech-savvy.
Method 2: Via Developer Options
The second method we will discuss involves using the developer options on your device to locate and recover your Tiktok drafts. Follow these steps:
1. Enable developer options on your device by going to Settings > About Phone > Build Number. Tap on Build Number seven times until you see a notification that says you are now a developer.
2. Go back to Settings and open Developer Options.
3. Scroll down until you see the option for "USB Debugging" and turn it on.
4. Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable.
5. Open a command prompt or terminal window on your computer and enter the following command: adb pull /sdcard/Android/data/com.ss.android.ugc.trill/cache/ttdownloader/video/ /path/to/local/directory
– This method can work for most devices.
– This method allows you to use your computer to recover your Tiktok drafts.
– This method requires a computer.
– This method may not work for those who are not familiar with using command prompts or terminal windows.
Method 3: Via Data Recovery Software
The third method we will discuss involves using data recovery software to locate and recover your Tiktok drafts. Follow these steps:
1. Download and install data recovery software such as EaseUS or Disk Drill to your computer.
2. Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable.
3. Open the data recovery software and select your device.
4. Scan your device for deleted files.
5. Look for any files or folders related to Tiktok drafts and recover them.
– This method can work for many devices.
– Data recovery software is designed to be user-friendly.
– This method requires a computer.
– Data recovery software can be expensive.
Why Can’t I Find My Tiktok Drafts?
There are several reasons why you may not be able to find your Tiktok drafts after deleting the app. Here are a few possible reasons and their fixes:
1. You did not have any drafts saved. Fix: Unfortunately, if you didn’t have any drafts saved before deleting the app, there is nothing you can do to recover them.
2. Your device’s cache was cleared. Fix: If your device’s cache was cleared, your drafts may have been permanently deleted. However, it’s still worth trying the methods mentioned above to see if your drafts were saved to another location on your device.
3. You used a different account to create the drafts. Fix: Make sure that you are logged into the correct account on Tiktok to access your drafts.
– Make sure to back up your Tiktok drafts regularly to avoid losing them in the event that you need to delete the app.
– If you are having trouble with any of the methods mentioned above, consider reaching out to Tiktok’s customer support for assistance.
– Always make sure to read and follow the instructions carefully to avoid accidentally deleting your drafts.
5 FAQs about Getting Drafts Back on Tiktok After Deleting App
Q1: Can I recover Tiktok drafts if I deleted the app?
A: Yes, there is a chance that you can recover your Tiktok drafts even if you deleted the app. Follow the methods mentioned above for the best chance of success.
Q2: How do I back up my Tiktok drafts?
A: To back up your Tiktok drafts, simply save them to your device’s camera roll or upload them to another platform such as Instagram or Facebook.
Q3: What should I do if I can’t find my Tiktok drafts?
A: If you can’t find your Tiktok drafts using the methods mentioned above, reach out to Tiktok’s customer support for assistance.
Q4: Is there any way to recover Tiktok drafts without a computer?
A: Yes, you can recover Tiktok drafts without a computer by using a file manager app or enabling Developer Options on your device.
Q5: Can I recover deleted Tiktok drafts?
A: It is possible to recover deleted Tiktok drafts using data recovery software, but there is no guarantee that you will be able to recover them.
Losing your Tiktok drafts can be frustrating, but there is a chance that you can recover them even after deleting the app. By following the methods mentioned above and being prepared, you can increase your chances of getting your drafts back. Remember to always back up your drafts, read and follow instructions carefully, and reach out to Tiktok’s customer support if you need further assistance.