Have you ever accidentally deleted some important videos from your Google Photos account? It can be frustrating to lose precious memories, but don’t worry – there are ways to recover deleted videos from Google Photos. In this blog post, we will guide you through different methods to retrieve your deleted videos and give you some tips on how to avoid losing them in the first place.
Google Photos is a popular cloud storage service that allows users to store and access their photos and videos from any device. With the ease of use and convenience it offers, many people rely on it to store their precious memories. However, accidents happen, and sometimes videos can be deleted by mistake. It’s important to know how to recover them to avoid losing them forever.
To recover deleted videos from Google Photos, you will need:
- A device with internet access
- Your Google account login credentials
- Patience and persistence
What Requires Your Focus?
Recovering deleted videos from Google Photos requires your undivided attention and focus. You will need to follow the steps carefully, without skipping any, to ensure the best chance of success. You will also need to have patience and persistence, as the process can take some time, depending on the size and number of videos you’re trying to recover.
Different Methods to Get Back Deleted Videos from Google Photos
Method 1: Using the Bin Feature in Google Photos
If you have deleted your videos recently, you may be able to recover them from the Bin feature in Google Photos. This feature stores deleted videos for up to 60 days before they are permanently deleted. Here are the steps to recover your deleted videos using the Bin feature:
- Open Google Photos on your device.
- Click on the "Library" tab.
- On the bottom bar, click on "Trash".
- Find the videos you want to recover and select them.
- Click the "Restore" button to restore the videos to their original location.
- Easy and quick process if the videos were deleted recently.
- No need for additional tools or software.
- Bin feature stores deleted videos for only 60 days, so you need to act fast.
- Videos permanently deleted from the Bin cannot be recovered.
Method 2: Using Google Takeout
If your videos were permanently deleted from Google Photos, you may still be able to recover them using Google Takeout. This tool allows you to export your data from Google Photos and access it in other formats, including the original video files. Here are the steps to recover your deleted videos using Google Takeout:
- Go to Google Takeout website (takeout.google.com/settings/takeout).
- Select "Deselect All" and then select the "Google Photos" category.
- Select "All photo albums included" and uncheck any other categories you do not want to export.
- Click on "Next".
- On the next screen, select your preferred file type, archive size, and delivery method.
- Click on "Create export".
Once you receive the exported files, you can access your videos and other data in their original formats. Note that this method can only recover videos that were backed up to Google Photos and not deleted from both Google Photos and the device’s local storage.
- Allows you to export all your data from Google Photos, including videos.
- Provides the original format files, which are likely of higher quality than those in Google Photos.
- The process takes longer than other methods.
- You need to have enough storage space to export your data.
- Only recovers backed-up videos and not deleted videos from both Google Photos and local storage.
Method 3: Using Third-Party Tools
If neither of the above methods works, you can try using third-party tools to recover your deleted videos. These tools scan your device’s storage and try to recover any deleted files, including videos. Here are the steps to recover your deleted videos using a third-party tool:
- Download and install a trusted third-party recovery tool.
- Connect your device to your computer via USB.
- Open the recovery tool and select the "Scan" or similar option.
- The tool will scan your device’s storage for deleted files. This process may take some time depending on the size of your device’s storage.
- Select the videos you want to recover and click on the "Recover" button.
- Can recover deleted videos and other files from both Google Photos and local storage.
- Provides a way to recover videos even if they were not backed up to a cloud storage service.
- Requires the installation of third-party software.
- May take longer than other methods, depending on the size of your device’s storage.
- There is a risk of downloading malicious software if you choose an unreliable recovery tool.
Why Can’t I Retrieve My Deleted Videos from Google Photos?
If none of the above methods work, it may be because:
- The videos were deleted permanently from Google Photos, and 60 days have passed since the deletion.
- The videos were not backed up to Google Photos.
- The videos were deleted from both Google Photos and local storage, and there is no backup available.
To avoid losing your videos in the future, make sure to:
- Enable automatic backup in Google Photos
- Regularly check the Bin feature for any accidentally deleted videos.
Implications and Recommendations
Deleting videos by mistake can be frustrating, but fortunately, there are ways to recover them from Google Photos. The methods outlined in this post can help you recover your deleted videos, but it’s important to act fast and not lose hope.
To avoid losing your videos, remember to regularly back them up to Google Photos and check the Bin feature for mistakenly deleted videos.
5 FAQs about Getting Back Deleted Videos from Google Photos
Q1: Can I recover videos that were deleted from both Google Photos and local storage?
A: Unfortunately, videos that were deleted from both Google Photos and local storage cannot be recovered unless you have a backup copy stored elsewhere.
Q2: Can I recover my deleted videos if I don’t have access to my Google account?
A: No, in order to recover deleted videos from Google Photos, you need access to the Google account that was used to store them.
Q3: Can I recover videos if they were deleted more than 60 days ago?
A: No, videos that were deleted permanently from Google Photos more than 60 days ago cannot be recovered.
Q4: How long does it take to recover deleted videos using Google Takeout?
A: The time it takes to recover deleted videos using Google Takeout varies depending on the size of your data and the export settings you choose. It can take anywhere from a few minutes to several hours.
Q5: Can I recover deleted videos using my phone’s recycling bin feature?
A: No, Google Photos does not have a recycling bin feature for phone local storage. However, some phones have a built-in recycling bin that may store recently deleted videos. Check your phone’s user manual for more information.
Losing your important videos can be frustrating, but don’t lose hope. With the right tools and methods, you can have a good chance of recovering them from Google Photos. Remember to check the Bin feature, enable automatic backup, and follow the above methods to recover your deleted videos.