Have you ever deleted a TikTok video and later realized it was a mistake? Maybe it was a popular video or had a sentimental value, and now you can’t find a way to recover it. Fortunately, there are ways to get a deleted TikTok back. In this blog, we will discuss different methods to recover a deleted TikTok video and provide additional tips on what to do if you can’t recover the video.
Why You Need to Get A TikTok Back That You Deleted?
You might wonder why would you need to recover a deleted TikTok video? There are various reasons why someone may want to recover a deleted TikTok video. It could be a video that you have put a lot of effort into making, a video that has lots of views and likes, or a memorable moment that you have captured. Moreover, some people may delete their videos to make room for new ones, or to clean their TikTok profile, but still want to be able to access their deleted videos when needed. Therefore, knowing how to recover a deleted TikTok video can be beneficial for many users.
Method 1: Using TikTok’s Built-in Feature
For users who have accidentally deleted a TikTok video, the first thing you should do is use TikTok’s built-in feature to recover the video. Here are the steps to recover a deleted TikTok video using the built-in feature:
- Open the TikTok app on your phone.
- Tap on the "Profile" icon at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Select the "Three Dots" icon on the top right corner of the screen.
- Select "Settings and Privacy" > "Account and Profile" > "Recently Deleted".
- You will see a list of all videos that you have deleted in the last 30 days.
- Select the video you want to recover and tap on "Restore".
- The video will be restored and will reappear on your profile page.
- Easy and convenient as it is a built-in feature.
- The video is restored in its original form.
- You have 30 days to recover the deleted videos.
- The feature is only available for 30 days.
- You can only recover the videos that you have deleted in the last 30 days.
Method 2: Using a Video Recovery App
Another way to recover a deleted TikTok video is to use a video recovery tool. Here are some of the steps that you can follow to use a video recovery app:
- Download a video recovery app such as DiskDigger, Dumpster, or EaseUS MobiSaver.
- Install and run the app on your phone.
- Select the storage location where the deleted TikTok video was saved.
- The app will scan for all deleted videos and display them.
- Select the deleted TikTok video you want to recover and click on "Restore" or "Recover".
- The app will restore the video to its original location.
- The video recovery app can retrieve most types of files lost from the mobile device, not only TikTok videos.
- Some video recovery apps are available for free.
- The success rate depends on the time since the video was deleted and the number of files that the user has deleted since then.
- Some video recovery apps may require root access.
- Recovering TikTok videos using video recovery apps is not a guaranteed method.
Method 3: Asking TikTok Support for Help
If the above methods fail to recover your deleted TikTok video, you can try seeking help from TikTok support. They may have a backup of your deleted video stored in their databases. Here are the steps to follow to request TikTok support for assistance:
- Open the TikTok app on your phone.
- Go to your profile page and click on the "Three Dots" icon.
- Select "Settings and Privacy" > "Report a problem".
- Explain your issue to TikTok support and provide details such as the title or tag of the video.
- Wait for a response from TikTok support.
- TikTok support may have a backup of your deleted video stored in their database.
- TikTok support will provide assistance via email or ticketing system quickly.
- TikTok support may not be able to recover the deleted videos if it has been too long.
- There is a waiting period for the support and no guarantee of recovering the TikTok video.
What to Do If You Can’t Get A TikTok Back That You Deleted
In case you can’t recover the TikTok video that you deleted, here are some things that you can do to avoid losing a TikTok video again in the future:
- Make sure to save a copy of your TikTok video on your phone gallery or other backup services.
- Consider using a third-party TikTok video downloader to download your own TikTok videos.
- Limit the number of videos you delete from your profile, or you may risk losing a video.
If you are worried about accidentally deleting a video, you can always use the "Private" feature. This feature allows you to save the video on TikTok but not upload it. This way, if you delete the video by mistake, it will still remain in the "Private" section. You can also adjust your settings to save the videos that you upload on TikTok automatically.
Q: Can I recover TikTok videos that I deleted more than 30 days ago?
A: Unfortunately, no. TikTok’s built-in feature to recover deleted video only works for videos deleted in the last 30 days.
Q: Can I recover a TikTok video that I deleted from my phone’s gallery?
A: No. Once you delete a video from your phone’s gallery, it cannot be recovered again.
Q: What should I include when contacting TikTok support to recover my deleted video?
A: When contacting TikTok support, you should provide them with the title or tag of your deleted video and any other relevant details that may help them locate the video.
Q: Are there any other video recovery apps that I can use to recover my deleted TikTok videos?
A: Yes. There are various video recovery apps, such as Dr. Fone, Tenorshare UltData, and Recuva, that can help recover deleted TikTok videos.
Q: Are there any limitations to using video recovery apps to recover deleted TikTok videos?
A: Yes. Most video recovery apps have a limited success rate in recovering TikTok videos. The success rate depends on how much time has passed since you deleted the video and how many files you have deleted from your mobile device since then.
Deleting a TikTok video by mistake can be frustrating, but it is not impossible to recover it. Using the methods explained in this blog post, you can recover a deleted TikTok video with ease. However, it is essential to take precautions to avoid losing videos in the future. As a TikTok user, you should consider saving a copy of your TikTok videos on your phone or third-party services and be mindful of the videos you delete.