Losing important text messages can be a major headache, especially if they contain crucial information. The Samsung S10 is a popular smartphone choice among users, but like any device, it’s not immune to accidentally deleting messages. If you’ve found yourself in this situation, don’t worry, there are ways to retrieve deleted texts on Samsung S10.
In this blog post, we’ll discuss some of the challenges you may face while trying to restore deleted texts on Samsung S10 and share several methods that can help you do so.
The Challenge of How to Find Deleted Texts on Samsung S10
Samsung S10 uses its own mobile operating system – Android, which can make it difficult to retrieve deleted texts, especially if you didn’t back them up. The process of a data recovery is complicated and challenging. You cannot simply go to the "Deleted Messages" folder in your Samsung S10 and restore the message. The messages are first deleted from the device’s cache and then overwritten on the storage device by new data. Once overwritten, the chances of retrieving those texts are slim to none. Even with the best data recovery software, you may only recover partial information.
Things You Should Prepare for
Before you start the process of restoring deleted messages, there are a few things you need to prepare:
- A laptop or computer with a USB port.
- The Samsung Data Recovery Tool installed on your computer.
- The Samsung S10 device, USB cable and unlocking password (if there is one).
- A backup file from your Samsung S10 device. If you backed-up your phone into a cloud service or a computer on a regular basis, it will make the recovery process easier.
Method 1: Using Samsung Cloud
One of the easiest ways to retrieve deleted messages on Samsung S10 is through Samsung Cloud. Samsung Cloud is a backup and restore tool specifically designed for Samsung devices. Here are the steps to restore your deleted messages via Samsung Cloud:
1. Go to your Samsung Cloud account on your Samsung S10.
2. Look and select "Restore Data".
3. Choose "Messages" or "Message attachments" from the list to retrieve all your messages or message attachments.
4. Select the deleted messages you want to restore and click "Restore" to get them back to your device.
- Samsung Cloud is an easy-to-use tool integrated on Samsung S10 devices, which makes it convenient for S10 users to restore their lost data.
- Steps are simple and straightforward to follow.
- Samsung Cloud requires a stable and strong internet connection. If the connection is weak or unstable, it can cause slow data transmission or even fail altogether.
- The storage limit is limited, which could lead to automatic deletion of older backups as new backups are made.
Method 2: Using Dr.Fone – Data Recovery (Android)
Dr.Fone – Data Recovery (Android) is another powerful tool that can help recover deleted messages on Samsung S10. It’s a comprehensive tool designed to recover lost data, including messages, contacts, photos, and even Whatsapp messages. Here are the steps to restore your deleted messages via Dr.Fone:
1. Download and install Dr.Fone on your computer.
2. Connect your Samsung S10 device to your computer via USB cable.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to detect and recognize your Samsung S10 device.
4. Select "Messages" from the menu and start scanning your Samsung S10 device.
5. Preview the messages that are found and select the ones you want to recover.
6. Click "Recover" to get them back to your device.
- Dr.Fone is a powerful tool that can recover lost data effectively and efficiently.
- The user-friendly interface makes it easy for anyone to recover their lost data, even without technical knowledge.
- It supports a wide range of devices, including Samsung S10.
- The free trial version of Dr.Fone only offers limited access to its features. You need to upgrade to the Pro-version to enjoy more features.
- The scanning process takes time and could be tedious for those who don’t have much patience; it might take up to 30 minutes.
Method 3: Using GT Recovery – Undelete, Recover
GT Recovery – Undelete, Recover is a free mobile application designed to restore deleted files on Android devices. It’s a popular third-party tool that can help you recover lost messages on Samsung S10. Here are the steps to restore your deleted messages via GT Recovery:
1. Download and install GT Recovery from the Google Play store.
2. Open the application and follow the instructions to scan your device.
3. Once the scan is complete, select "Messages" to view the deleted messages on your Samsung S10 device.
4. Select the messages you want to recover and click "Restore" to get them back to your device.
- GT Recovery is a free tool that can help you restore lost messages on Samsung S10.
- It supports both internal storage and external storage scanning to recover the lost data.
- The tool can only restore the lost data that can be accessed by the application after scanning the device. Incomplete data might only be partially retrieved.
- ADS is included in the application, which might have some pop-ups from advertisements. It can be annoying during the use of the app.
Why Can’t I Find Deleted Texts on Samsung S10
There are several reasons you might not be able to find deleted texts on Samsung S10, including:
1. Automatic Deletion:
Samsung S10 devices have limited storage space, which can cause automatic deletion of older data as new data is saved.
2. Manual Deletion:
Sometimes, you might accidentally delete important texts while navigating through your device, and end up not being able to find those messages again.
3. Data Overwritten:
Like all storage systems, Samsung S10 devices can only hold a finite amount of data. Over time, as new data is written to the device, the older data is overwritten. Once the message has been overwritten, it cannot be recovered.
1. Try to retrieve your deleted texts as soon as possible to increase the chances of recovery. Once the data is overwritten, it’s almost impossible to restore it.
2. Create a habit of regularly backing up your Samsung S10 device to avoid losing your data in the future.
3. Just install data recovery programs from a trustworthy source to avoid installing a malware-infected program.
5 FAQs about How to Find Deleted Texts on Samsung S10
Q1: How do I check if I have a backup of my Samsung S10 device?
A: If you use Samsung’s built-in backup service, Samsung Cloud, you can check to see if your messages have been backed up by signing in to your account and looking at your device’s backup history. If you use other types of backup services, check the settings and preferences of those services to confirm whether your messages have been backed up.
Q2: Can I use my Samsung S10 device while using a data recovery tool?
A: It’s not recommended to use your Samsung S10 device while trying to recover deleted texts. The process might get interrupted or fail.
Q3: Is it safe to use third-party apps to restore my deleted texts?
A: It’s safe to use third-party apps as long as they come from a reputable and trustworthy source. Check the reviews and ratings of the apps before downloading and installing them.
Q4: How can I prevent my messages from being deleted unintentionally?
A: You can take several precautions to prevent your messages from being accidentally deleted. You can use a password to lock your screen or use Samsung S10’s built-in features to lock your messages. You should also back up your messages regularly using Samsung Cloud or other backup services.
Q5: How long does it take for the data recovery tool to scan my device?
A: The scanning time varies depending on the size and capacity of your device. It may take from a few minutes to half an hour, depending on the complexity of the search.
Losing important text messages, whether intentionally or unintentionally, can be frustrating. This blog post has outlined three different methods for retrieving lost text messages on Samsung S10: Samsung Cloud, Dr.Fone and GT Recovery. While each method has its advantages and disadvantages, using a data recovery tool such as Dr.Fone is the most comprehensive and reliable solution. By taking necessary precautions and using the tips outlined in this article, you can significantly increase your chances of retrieving your deleted texts in the future.