In today’s era of technology, we store most of our valuable data in our smartphones, laptops or computers. Sometimes, we get irritated by a cluttered desktop or phone screen, and we try to make some space by deleting the unnecessary applications. But what if later we realize, we need one of those apps again? We can download them from the respective app stores, but what if we don’t remember the name of the app? Is there any way to get access to the previously deleted apps? These are some common questions a user can come across. In this blog post, we will discuss how to find apps that you have deleted.
Why You Need to Find Deleted Apps
There are several reasons why a user might need to find the apps that they have deleted.
- A user may need the app again because it was useful for them before.
- A user may have deleted the app mistakenly and now needs it again.
- Sometimes, apps get deleted during the cleaning process, which a user may regret later.
- It can be frustrating to try to recall the name or function of a previously deleted app, especially if it’s urgent to reuse it.
Method 1: App Store
The app store contains a vast collection of apps available for download. It is the first place that comes to mind when a user thinks of downloading any app. It can also be helpful in finding deleted apps if you have downloaded them before.
- Open the App Store on your device.
- Look for the initials or name of the app that you want to restore.
- If the app appears in the list of available apps, it means that you have already downloaded it once, but it is currently deleted.
- Click on the app icon, and it will redirect to the app page.
- Click on the ‘Download’ or ‘Cloud’ icon beside the app name to download and restore the app again.
- The app store is a reliable source for downloading apps.
- It maintains a history of apps downloaded previously.
- It’s easy to find an app in the App Store using its initials or name.
- The app can only be restored if it is still available in the App Store.
- It may have a paid subscription.
Method 2: iTunes Backup
iTunes is a media player and media library software developed by Apple. It can be used to manage, play, and download music, podcasts, and videos. The software can also be used to manage and backup iOS devices.
- Launch iTunes on your computer and connect your iOS device with a USB cable.
- Click on the device icon in iTunes.
- Click on the ‘Summary’ tab.
- Click on ‘Restore Backup’.
- Select the latest backup and click on ‘Restore’.
- If prompted, enter your password to restore the backup.
- Your device will start restoring the apps, and you can access the previously deleted apps again.
- It can help you find the apps that were previously deleted but were backed up.
- It can restore your device to its previously saved data and configuration.
- You need a backup to restore the deleted apps, which means you should have created one previously.
- It can consume a lot of time as it restores the entire backup, not just the deleted apps.
- It can erase the current data on the device, including recent apps.
Method 3: Third-Party Applications
Several third-party applications are available to help users find the deleted apps.
- Search for the app in the third-party application store and download it.
- Follow the instructions given by the applications to locate the deleted apps.
- The applications usually function by scanning your device for deleted apps, including their package names and then reinstalling these apps.
- If the application is successful, it will reinstall the deleted app, and you can find it on your device.
- Some applications offer higher success rates.
- They can browse the file system to locate the deleted apps.
- They can display a list of all apps installed on your device, including those that were deleted.
- Some third-party applications can be harmful to the device. Before downloading the application, it’s essential to check user reviews and the legitimacy of the application.
- They may not be fully equipped to retrieve the deleted app appropriately.
- They may not be compatible with all devices, so it’s essential to check compatibility before downloading the application.
What to Do If You Can’t Find the Deleted App
In some cases, none of the above methods can help locate the desired deleted app. Don’t worry, here are some things you can do:
- Search for the app on the internet using details you remember about it.
- Check the backup folder to see if it is stored there.
- Contact the app developer to see if they can help you out.
- Check the app folders, such as the Google drive folder or Dropbox folder, where you may have stored the app files.
To avoid losing apps, it’s best to ensure that you regularly back up your device. This way, you can quickly restore any app that you have deleted at any time.
Q1: Can I retrieve my deleted data using these methods?
A: No, these methods only retrieve the apps you have deleted, not the data, which may have been associated with the app.
Q2: Will re-installing my device bring my deleted apps back?
A: No, restoring a device does not always guarantee that all deleted apps will be restored to the device.
Q3: Can I restore my deleted apps on Android using these methods?
A: Yes, you can use these methods to restore the deleted apps on Android, but the steps may differ.
Q4: If I download a previously deleted app using the App Store method, will I lose any previous data associated with it?
A: No, downloading the app from the App Store method will not cause you to lose any existing data associated with that app.
Q5: What should I do if an app that I used to use can no longer be found in the App Store?
A: Unfortunately, there is not much you can do if the app that you have deleted is no longer available in the App Store. You could try contacting the app’s developer to see if there are any options to download the app.
It can be tough to find deleted apps on your device, but with the help of the above methods, users can quickly restore their deleted apps. Although there are several options in the app store, users can utilize third-party apps for help if other methods are unsuccessful. However, make sure you only download trusted applications from legitimate sources. Remember to back up your device regularly to prevent losing valuable data or apps in the future.