Apple TV is a device for streaming entertainment on your television, in high quality. The Apple TV was reimagined as a device to provide something for everyone, with integrated controls and a new user interface. One of the features of the Apple TV is the "Up Next" section. It’s a place where your television displays the content you are currently watching and also the content you plan to watch later. In this blog post, we will guide you on how to delete the "Up Next" feature on apple TV.
The Challenge of How to Delete Up Next on Apple TV
Apple TV is a great device and provides a fantastic streaming experience, but not all of its features work for everyone. One common complaint is that the "Up Next" feature can be distracting and takes up valuable screen real estate. Apple TV owners want an option to disable or remove the "Up Next" feature. The instructions to delete this feature are not obvious and require a few different steps. In this blog post, we will explain how to remove the "Up Next" feature on Apple TV so that you can enjoy your content without any distractions.
Things You Should Prepare for
Before we begin, please ensure that you have an Apple TV device and the remote control beside you. Secondly, you should have a stable and strong internet connection, as the process might require downloading data from the internet. Last but not least, you should turn on your Apple TV.
Method 1: Via Apple TV Settings
Method 1 Pros:
- Quick and easy to accomplish without any further complications.
- Removes the "Up Next" feature from all of your Apple TV devices connected to the same account.
Method 1 Cons:
- The "Up Next" feature cannot be re-enabled without going back to the settings and turning it back on manually.
1. Go to the Home screen on the Apple TV.
2. Open the "Settings" app and navigate to "Apps".
3. Then navigate to "TV" (it could be "Videos" in some older versions of Apple TV).
4. On this screen, toggle the "Up Next" option to the "Off" position.
5. Once done, exit the settings and return to the Home screen. The "Up Next" feature will be removed from your Apple TV.
Method 2: Via iCloud Account
Method 2 Pros:
- Removes the "Up Next" feature and keeps it disabled across all of your devices.
- It’s easy, simple, and effective.
Method 2 Cons:
- Affects all of your Apple devices connected to the same iCloud account, not just your Apple TV.
1. Access your iCloud account from a browser.
2. Navigate to the "TV" app settings, then turn the "Up Next" feature off.
3. Return to your Apple TV and restart it.
4. The "Up Next" feature should be removed.
Method 3: Via Your Apple TV Remote
Method 3 Pros:
- It’s a relatively quick and straightforward method.
- It only affects the device being used, rather than other Apple devices connected to the same iCloud account.
Method 3 Cons:
- It has to be done each time you use your Apple TV.
1. When the "Up Next" feature appears on the screen, select it using the touchpad on your remote.
2. Then, navigate to the "Edit" tab.
3. Lastly, select "Remove" to delete the content from the list.
Method 4: Via Siri
Method 4 Pros:
- It’s a voice-command based method for those who prefer to use Siri to carry out tasks.
Method 4 Cons:
- You need to have a Siri-enabled remote to accomplish this method
1. Hold down the Siri button on your remote.
2. Speak to Siri and ask it to "Turn off the Up Next feature."
3. When Siri confirms the action, you’re good to go.
Why Can’t I Delete Up Next on Apple TV?
There could be several reasons why you can’t delete the "Up Next" feature on your Apple TV, such as:
- Your iCloud account might be blocking the feature. You can resolve this by logging out of your iCloud account and then back in.
- You might not have the latest version of Apple TV OS installed on your device. Check if there’s an update available.
How to Fix:
1. Go to the "Settings" app on your Apple TV to see if an update is available.
2. If no software update is available, sign out and back in to your iCloud account.
3. Restart your Apple TV and try deleting the "Up Next" feature again using one of the methods provided.
1. Be patient while implementing any of the above methods, as the "Up Next" feature removal may take a few minutes.
2. Ensure that you have a stable and efficient internet connection before implementing any of the methods discussed above.
3. Regularly updating your Apple TV device’s software ensure that there are no bugs that may affect the deletion of the "Up Next" feature.
5 FAQs about How to Delete Up Next on Apple TV
Q1: Can I disable the Up Next feature on Apple TV temporarily?
A: Yes, you can disable the Up Next feature temporarily by following the instructions in Method 3.
Q2: Do I need to perform the same method on each of my Apple devices?
A: No, if you follow Method 2, the feature will be disabled on all Apple devices connected to the same iCloud account.
Q3: Will the Up Next feature automatically re-enable after a software update?
A: It depends. If you turned off the feature via Method 1, you need to turn the feature back on manually. But, if you disabled the Up Next feature using Method 2, it will remain deactivated.
Q4: Will disabling the Up Next feature affect my Apple TV’s functionality?
A: No, disabling the Up Next feature will not affect your device’s functionality in any way.
Q5: Should I contact Apple support if I’m having trouble deleting the Up Next feature?
A: If none of the methods provided in this article work, you can contact Apple support for further assistance.
Deleting the "Up Next" feature may seem challenging, but it’s a relatively simple process, as outlined in this blog post. Depending on your preference, you can utilize one of the four options, and the feature will be gone in no time. Additionally, we hope that the tips and FAQs shared in this blog post have helped to clarify any questions you may have regarding the deletion of the "Up Next" feature on Apple TV.