Google Photos is an amazing tool for sharing photos with partners, friends, and family members. With Google Photos’ partner sharing feature, you can share photos with one or more people, allowing them to join the album and add their own photos. Partner sharing also enables you to view and comment on your partner’s photos. However, there may be instances when you want to remove someone from partner sharing. This blog post will guide you on how to delete partner sharing in Google Photos, including things you need, ways to focus your attention, different methods to achieve this task, reasons you can’t delete partner sharing, implications and recommendations of deleting partner sharing, and the frequently asked questions.
What Requires Your Focus?
Deleting partner sharing in Google Photos requires mainly focusing on the following:
Different Methods to Delete Partner Sharing in Google Photos
Method 1: Via the Shared Library
This method involves using the shared library to remove someone from partner sharing in Google Photos. Follow these simple steps:
- Launch the Google Photos app on your device and choose the album in which the partner is sharing photos with you or vice versa.
- On the top right corner, click on the three-dot icon and choose "Sharing options".
- You will see the names of people with whom you are sharing photos. To remove a partner, click on the name of the person you want to delete from partner sharing.
- At the bottom of the screen, click on "Remove partner" or "Delete Partner."
- You will see a confirmation message asking whether you want to continue to remove the partner. Click "Remove" or "Delete."
Pros: It is a quick method to remove a partner from sharing photos.
Cons: You will lose all the photos of the partner you removed, and the partner will also lose the right to view your shared photos.
Method 2: Via the Albums tab
The Albums tab is another way to delete partner sharing in Google Photos. Here’s how:
- Open Google Photos on your device and navigate to the album with which you shared photos with your partner.
- Tap on the album to open it and then tap the three-dot icon on the top-right corner of the screen.
- Tap on "Sharing options" from the list of options.
- Select the partner you want to delete from partner sharing, and click "Remove partner" or "Delete Partner".
- A pop-up window will appear, allowing you to confirm that you want to remove the partner from the sharing. Tap on "Remove" or "Delete," and you will successfully remove the partner.
Pros: This method is easy to use, and you can view the partners with whom you share images by using the Albums tab.
Cons: It is not possible to select and remove more than one partner at a time.
Method 3: Access through Google Assistant
Google Assistant is a voice-activated assistant. You can perform actions on Google Photos using Google Assistant. To remove a partner from partner-sharing using Google Assistant, follow these steps:
- Activate Google Assistant by saying, "Ok, Google" or by pressing and holding the home button of your device.
- Ask the assistant to show the image with the shared partner whose sharing you want to remove. You can do this by using phrases like "Show me the photos I shared with XYZ."
- Once you see the photos, tap on the partner’s name whose sharing you want to remove.
- Tap on the "Remove partner" or "Delete Partner" option to remove the partner from the sharing.
- A confirmation window will appear on the screen, asking you to confirm if you want to remove the partner. Tap on "Remove" or "Delete," and you will successfully remove the partner from the sharing.
Pros: You can use voice commands to remove a partner from partner-sharing.
Cons: It is not possible to select and remove more than one partner at a time, and not everyone is comfortable using voice commands to delete partner sharing in Google Photos.
Why Can’t I Delete Partner Sharing in Google Photos?
There are some reasons why you may not be able to delete partner sharing in Google Photos. Here are a few reasons and how you can fix it:
- You do not have the appropriate permission to delete partner sharing. You must ensure that you have the necessary authority to delete partner sharing.
- You are not the owner of the album. If you are not the owner, you will not be able to delete partner-sharing without the owner’s permission.
- The partner has already left the album. You cannot remove a partner who has already left the album.
Implications and Recommendations
Deleting partner-sharing has significant implications, and you must take the following recommendations into consideration:
5 FAQs about Deleting Partner Sharing in Google Photos
Q1. Can a removed partner still see photos they shared on a shared album?
A: No. If you remove a partner, they will no longer have access to the album and cannot see the photos they shared.
Q2. Does a partner receive a notification when someone removes them from partner sharing?
A: No. Unfortunately, Google Photos does not send any notifications when someone removes another user from partner sharing.
Q3. Can I remove multiple partners at once?
A: No. You can only select and remove one partner at a time in Google Photos.
Q4. Can a partner still have access to a shared album if they uninstall the Google Photos app from their device?
A: Yes, it is possible. If they are a shared partner on a particular album, they can still access the album from the Google Photos website.
Q5. Can I remove someone from partner sharing even if they haven’t uploaded any photos?
A: Yes. If they are a partner on a shared album, you can remove them regardless of whether they have uploaded any photos to the album or not.
We hope our blog post has helped you learn how to delete partner sharing in Google Photos. You must consider the implications of deleting partner sharing and communicate your intentions with your partner before removing them from the sharing.