Apple iCloud provides a handy way to store important data such as documents, photos, and videos securely. It boasts an excellent syncing feature that allows transferring of files on all linked devices. However, users might be compelled to delete their iCloud accounts for various reasons, starting from privacy concerns to selling an old device. But what if you have forgotten your iCloud password and are struggling to remove your account? This blog post will guide you on how to delete your iCloud account without password.
To delete your iCloud account without a password, you only need the device from which you plan to delete the account. Also, you should ensure that it isn’t locked to the iCloud account that you want to remove.
What Requires Your Focus?
The primary point that requires your focus is that deleting your iCloud account without a password will result in the permanent loss of all your data stored on iCloud. Therefore, always remember to back up your data before deleting your iCloud account.
Different Methods to Delete My iCloud Account Without Password
Method 1: Via Apple Support (Easiest Way)
Apple Support is an easy and effective way to get help with any iCloud account issues. The technical support team usually guides you on the steps involved in deleting an iCloud account without a password. Follow the steps given below to delete your iCloud account.
- Contact Apple Support either via phone or online chat
- Verify your identity with Apple Support
- Provide the information required to delete your iCloud account
- Wait for the support team to authenticate your request
- Once verified, the support team will assist you in deleting your iCloud account
- Easy to use
- You get help from professionals
- No need to download any software or tool
- You need to share personal information with Apple Support
- You may encounter long waiting times before connecting with the support team
- Not suitable for users who are concerned about privacy and security
Method 2: Via Find My iPhone
Find My iPhone is an inbuilt app on iOS devices that helps in locating lost or stolen iPhones among other things. Interestingly, the app also allows you to delete your iCloud account without a password. Before you follow these steps, ensure that your device runs on iOS 7 or later and that you have enabled Find My iPhone.
- Go to iCloud.com and log in with your Apple ID
- Click on Find My iPhone
- Select All Devices, and choose your device from the list
- Click on Erase iPhone
- Confirm the passcode if you have set one up. If you haven’t set a passcode, enter your Apple ID password. The erase process begins immediately.
- Simple and straightforward
- You can delete your iCloud account without a password
- More secure than other methods
- You need to have enabled Find My iPhone before losing your password
- The erase process can take some time
- You need to have access to your Apple ID and/or passcode
Method 3: Via DNS Bypass
DNS Bypass is a widely used method for removing iCloud accounts from iOS devices without a password. The process involves modifying the domain name system (DNS) server to bypass the iCloud activation process. Please note that DNS Bypass is not an official method, and you should be cautious while implementing it. The following steps involve the DNS Bypass method.
- Go to the Wi-Fi settings and click on the ‘i’ icon beside the Wi-Fi network you’re connected to.
- Scroll down and tap on ‘Configure DNS.’
- Select ‘Manual’ and click on ‘Add Server.’
- Enter one of the DNS servers:
- USA/North America: 18.104.22.168
- Europe: 22.214.171.124
- Asia: 126.96.36.199
- It is free to use
- Minimal steps
- Does not require technical expertise
- The process might not work for some devices
- It can be risky as it involves modifying the DNS server settings
- Not an official method
Why Can’t I Delete My iCloud Account Without Password?
When deleting your iCloud account without a password, the process might fail due to several reasons, including:
- You do not have access to your Apple ID
- You have not enabled Find My iPhone
- You have enabled two-factor authentication for your Apple ID
- You have an outstanding balance on your Apple ID
- Your device is still linked to the iCloud account you want to remove
- Reset your Apple ID password
- Enable Find My iPhone before losing your password
- Suspend two-factor authentication temporarily
- Clear any outstanding balance before deleting the iCloud account
- Remove the device association with the iCloud account
Implications and Recommendations
Deleting your iCloud account without a password comes with some implications that you should be aware of. Firstly, it results in the permanent loss of all your iCloud data, including contacts, messages, photos, videos, and documents. Secondly, if the device is still linked to the iCloud account you’re trying to delete, it might end up being locked.
Therefore, it’s crucial to back up all your data before deleting your iCloud account. You can use third-party software such as FoneLab to back up your iCloud data safely. Besides, it’s always advisable to keep your Apple ID credentials, passcodes, and other crucial information in a secure location to avoid unnecessary inconveniences.
5 FAQs about Deleting iCloud Account Without Password
Q1. Can I delete my iCloud account without an internet connection?
A1. No, you cannot delete your iCloud account without an internet connection. An internet connection is required for all methods that involve deleting an iCloud account.
Q2. Can I delete my iCloud account without a password on a Mac?
A2. Yes, you can delete your iCloud account without a password on a Mac. The process is similar to that of an iOS device.
Q3. Will deleting my iCloud account remove my device from my Apple ID?
A3. Yes, deleting your iCloud account will remove your device from your Apple ID.
Q4. What happens to my iCloud storage after deleting my iCloud account?
A4. After deleting your iCloud account, all your data stored on iCloud will be permanently lost. You can still store your data locally on your device or through other cloud platforms such as Google Drive or Dropbox.
Q5. What is the best way to back up my iCloud data before deleting my iCloud account?
A5. You can use third-party software such as FoneLab to back up your iCloud data safely. Other methods include backing up your data locally on your device or using other cloud platforms such as Google Drive or Dropbox.
Deleting your iCloud account without a password can be quite a challenge, but it’s not impossible. This blog post has shared three different methods that you can use to delete your iCloud account without a password, including using official Apple Support, Find My iPhone, and DNS Bypass. Each method comes with its benefits and drawbacks, and it’s up to you to choose the method that works best for you. Remember to back up your data before deleting your iCloud account and always keep your Apple ID credentials and other crucial information in a secure location.