To delete multiple emails from the same sender in Gmail, follow these steps:
1. Open your Gmail account and sign in if prompted.
2. In the search bar at the top, enter the email address or sender’s name from whom you want to delete the emails. Press Enter or click on the search icon.
3. Gmail will display all the emails received from that particular sender or email address.
4. Click the checkbox at the top left corner of the email list to select all emails on the current page. If you have more emails from the sender on multiple pages, you can click on the "Select all conversations that match this search" link above the email list to select all the emails from the search results.
5. Once the emails are selected, you will see a message at the top asking if you want to select all conversations in that search. Click on it to select all the emails from that sender, across multiple pages.
6. Then, click on the trash bin icon (delete icon) at the top to delete all the selected emails.
7. Gmail will ask for confirmation before permanently deleting the emails. Click "OK" or "Confirm" to delete the selected emails.
By following these steps, you will be able to delete multiple emails from the same sender in Gmail efficiently and effectively.
Video Tutorial:How do I Delete multiple emails from same sender?
How to delete multiple emails from same sender in Gmail on phone?
To delete multiple emails from the same sender in Gmail on your phone, follow these steps:
1. Open the Gmail app on your phone and log into your account if prompted.
2. Tap on the magnifying glass icon or the search bar at the top of the screen.
3. Type the email address or the name of the sender whose emails you want to delete.
4. Gmail will start showing you the search results based on the sender’s information. Scroll through the list to ensure you have selected the correct sender.
5. Once you have found the correct sender, tap on the three-dot menu icon located next to the sender’s name.
6. In the menu that appears, select "Select all conversations," or choose the specific emails you want to delete by tapping on the checkboxes next to them.
7. After selecting the emails, tap on the trash can icon or the delete button, usually located at the top or bottom of the screen.
8. Gmail will prompt you to confirm the deletion. Tap on "Delete" to confirm and remove the selected emails from the sender.
Please note that the steps may vary slightly depending on the version of the Gmail app and your phone’s operating system. However, these general steps should help you delete multiple emails from the same sender in Gmail on your phone.
How do I bulk Delete unwanted emails in Gmail?
To bulk delete unwanted emails in Gmail, you can follow these steps:
1. Open your Gmail account: Go to the Gmail website or launch the Gmail app on your device. Log in with your credentials.
2. Select the emails you want to delete: In Gmail, you can use different methods to select multiple emails simultaneously:
a. Manual selection: Hold down the Ctrl (or Command on Mac) key and click on each individual email you want to delete.
b. Selecting a range: Click on the first email you want to delete, hold down the Shift key, and click on the last email to select a range of emails.
c. Select all emails on a certain page: At the top left of Gmail, near the checkbox, you’ll find an option to select all emails on the current page. Click on it to select all visible emails.
d. Selecting all emails in a label or search results: If you want to delete all emails that fit a certain label or search criteria, click on the checkbox near the Gmail logo at the top left to select all emails on the page. A message will appear asking if you want to select all conversations.
3. Delete the selected emails: Once you have selected the desired emails, you have a couple of options to delete them:
a. Click on the trash bin icon: On the Gmail interface, you’ll find a trash bin icon at the top menu. Clicking on it will move the selected emails to the Trash folder.
b. Press the Delete key: While the emails are selected, simply press the Delete key on your keyboard. This will also move them to the Trash folder.
4. Empty the Trash folder: Deleting emails only moves them to the Trash folder, which still occupies storage space. To permanently delete the emails and free up storage:
a. Open the Trash folder: On the left sidebar in Gmail, click on "More" to expand the list of labels, and select "Trash."
b. Select all emails in the Trash: Similar to step 2d, click on the checkbox near the Gmail logo at the top left to select all emails on the page.
c. Click on the "Delete forever" button: In the Trash, you’ll find a "Delete forever" button at the top menu. Click on it to permanently delete the selected emails.
Keep in mind that once you delete emails from the Trash folder, they cannot be recovered. It’s recommended to double-check the emails you’re deleting before emptying the Trash folder.
Note: These instructions are accurate as of 2023 and may vary slightly based on future updates to Gmail’s user interface.
How to delete multiple emails from same sender in Gmail on iphone?
To delete multiple emails from the same sender in Gmail on an iPhone, you can follow these steps:
1. Open the Gmail app on your iPhone and sign in to your account.
2. Go to the Inbox or any other mailbox where the emails from the sender are located.
3. Tap on the search bar at the top of the screen to start a search.
4. Type the sender’s email address or name in the search bar and tap on the search button or Enter on the keyboard.
5. Gmail will display all the emails from that specific sender.
6. To select multiple emails, tap and hold one email until it checks off, then without lifting your finger, swipe across the screen to select additional emails.
7. You can also tap on the selection checkbox that appears beside each email to individually select or deselect them.
8. Once you have selected all the desired emails, tap on the trash bin icon or the delete button at the top or bottom of the screen.
9. A confirmation message may appear, asking if you want to delete the selected emails. Tap on "Delete" to confirm the deletion and remove the emails from your mailbox.
By following these steps, you can efficiently delete multiple emails from the same sender in Gmail on your iPhone.
Can you mass Delete all emails from one sender?
Yes, you can mass delete all emails from a specific sender from your inbox. Here’s how you can do it:
1. Open your email client or provider: Launch the app or go to the website where you access your emails.
2. Navigate to your inbox: Click on the inbox tab or folder to view your incoming emails.
3. Search for the sender’s email address: Look for the search bar, usually located at the top of your email interface. Enter the email address of the sender you want to mass delete emails from.
4. Filter the search results: Once you’ve entered the email address, click on the search or filter button. This will narrow down your inbox to show only the emails from that specific sender.
5. Select all emails: Look for the checkbox or select all option, usually available beside the emails. Click on it to select all the emails displayed on the screen.
6. Delete the selected emails: Find the delete or trash icon/button and click on it to delete all the selected emails from the sender you specified. Some email clients may use different icons, such as an X or a bin icon.
7. Confirm the deletion: Depending on the email client, you may be asked to confirm the deletion of the selected emails. Follow the prompt and confirm the action.
8. Empty the trash or deleted items folder (optional): After deleting the emails, they are usually moved to the trash or deleted items folder. If you want to permanently remove them, go to that specific folder and locate the option to empty it. Click on it to delete the emails permanently.
It’s worth noting that the exact steps may vary slightly depending on the email client or provider you use, but the general process remains similar.
Can I mass Delete emails from one person?
Yes, you can mass delete emails from one person in most email clients and services. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to achieve this in a typical email client:
1. Open your preferred email client or service and log in to your account.
2. Locate the search bar—usually found at the top of the inbox screen.
3. Enter the email address or name of the person from whom you want to delete emails.
4. Depending on the email client/service, you may need to use specific search operators to filter emails more precisely, such as "from:[email address]" or "from:[name]."
5. Once you have entered the search criteria, hit the Search or Enter button.
6. The email client will display a list of all emails matching your search criteria.
7. Select the checkbox or option to select all the emails listed on the page. If there are multiple pages, look for a similar option to select all emails across pages.
8. After selecting all the desired emails, locate the option to delete or move them all at once. This option is often represented by a trash can or a bulk action button.
9. Click on the delete or move option to permanently remove the selected emails from your inbox.
Remember to exercise caution when performing bulk actions like this, as they permanently delete emails without any chance of recovery. Double-check your selection before proceeding.
It’s worth noting that the exact steps may vary slightly depending on the email client or service you are using, but the general process should be similar.
How do I clean up my Gmail emails?
Cleaning up your Gmail emails is an essential task to keep your inbox organized and manageable. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
1. Delete Unwanted Emails:
– Open your Gmail inbox.
– Locate any emails that you no longer need or are irrelevant.
– Select the emails by ticking the checkbox beside them.
– Click the trash bin icon or press the "Delete" key on your keyboard to remove them.
2. Archive Important Emails:
– Open your Gmail inbox.
– Identify emails that you want to keep for future reference.
– Select the emails you want to archive by ticking the checkbox beside them.
– Click the Archive button (represented by a folder icon with a down arrow) or press the "E" key on your keyboard.
– Archived emails are moved out of your inbox but can still be found under the "All Mail" or corresponding labels if you have used them.
3. Use Filters and Labels:
– Open your Gmail inbox.
– Click the gear-shaped icon in the top right corner and select "See all settings" from the dropdown menu.
– Navigate to the "Filters and Blocked Addresses" tab.
– Click on "Create a new filter" to set up filters for specific criteria like sender, subject, or keywords.
– Apply the appropriate action, such as skipping the inbox, marking as read, or categorizing with a label.
– Apply the filter to existing emails by selecting the checkbox "Apply filter to matching conversations."
4. Empty Trash and Spam:
– Open your Gmail inbox.
– Click on the "Trash" or "Spam" folder from the left sidebar.
– Review the emails to ensure that nothing important is present.
– Click "Empty Trash now" or "Delete all spam messages now" to permanently delete them.
5. Utilize Search and Advanced Search Operators:
– Open your Gmail inbox.
– Utilize the search bar at the top to find specific emails using keywords or the sender’s name. You can also use advanced search operators like "from:," "to:," "subject:," "has:attachment," and more.
– Combine multiple operators to narrow down your search if necessary.
Implementing these steps will help you declutter your Gmail inbox, remove unnecessary emails, find important emails quickly, and maintain an organized email workflow.