Instagram has become a significant part of our lives since its release in 2010. With 1 billion active monthly users, it has become the most popular social media platform worldwide. However, some users may choose to delete their Instagram accounts for personal reasons. Deleting the account from switch accounts isn’t an easy task, thanks to Instagram’s user interface being a little complex. Therefore, in this blog post, we will guide you through the process of how to delete an Instagram account from switch accounts and give you some additional useful tips to make the process smoother.
The Challenge of How to Delete Instagram Account from Switch Accounts
Deleting an Instagram account from switch accounts isn’t an easy task for many users. It’s not clear from Instagram’s user interface how to delete an account from the switch accounts section. Instagram hasn’t provided a proper guide or tutorial either, making it more frustrating for users who are likely to miss this option and may quit using the platform without deleting their accounts. Therefore, learning how to delete Instagram accounts from switch accounts can be a real challenge for most users.
Things You Should Prepare for
Before you proceed with deleting your account from the switch accounts on Instagram, you should prepare a few things. First, ensure that you have a stable internet connection. Second, log in to the account that you want to delete from the switch accounts section. Third, delete all the content published on this account, including photos, videos, and stories, before the deletion process. Once you delete your Instagram account, you won’t be able to recover any data associated with it. Therefore, backing up this data should be your top priority.
Method 1: Using the Instagram App
If you want to delete your Instagram account from switch accounts, you can do it by following these steps in the Instagram app:
1. Launch the Instagram app and log in to the account you want to delete.
2. Tap on your profile icon located in the bottom right corner.
3. Tap on the three horizontal lines located in the top right corner.
4. Select Settings from the bottom of the menu list.
5. Scroll down and Tap on “Add Account”.
6. Tap on the account w. You want to delete
7. Scroll to the bottom of settings, Tap on “Log Out of \[Your Account Username]”
8. After Logging out, click/long press [Your Username], and you will see “Remove * from accounts list” option.
– Comfortably done with the Instagram app.
– The process is straightforward to follow.
– Users tend to miss the “Remove * from accounts list” button.
Method 2: Using the Instagram website on desktop
If you prefer using the Instagram website, you can perform the following steps to delete your account from switch accounts:
1. Go to Instagram website on a web browser on either your PC or a mobile browser.
2. Log in to the account that you want to delete.
3. Click on your profile icon located in the top right corner of the screen.
4. Select “Settings” from the dropdown menu.
5. Scroll down, and you’ll find the option “Log out of your account.”
6. Click on “Log out of your account.”
7. After logging out, find your account in “Switch Accounts” on the Instagram log in page.
8. Hover your cursor/mouse over your account you want to delete in the list.
9. Click on the three vertical dots on the right side of the account of your user name.
10. Select “Remove from accounts list” located in the drop-down menu.
– The process is almost identical to the Instagram app.
– You can use a web browser, no installation required.
– Some users face issues while attempting the procedure on the Instagram web client.
Method 3: Using Instagram’s “Forgot Password” feature
This method allows you to delete your Instagram account by erasing all of its content on the web, which won’t show up in the app:
1. Go to the Instagram website (instagram.com) from any browser.
2. Sign in to the account that you wish to delete.
3. Hit the "Forgot Password" option at the bottom of the login page.
4. Instagram will ask you to enter your email address or phone number you had used to set up the account. The email/phone number should be the one that you used when creating your Instagram account.
5. After entering your information, hit the confirm or next button.
6. Instagram will send a password reset link to either your email address or phone number.
7. Open the link in your email, and you will be navigated to the reset password page.
8. Click on the "Permanently delete my account" button at the bottom of the page.
9. Enter your password again to confirm your decision.
10. Click "OK."
– All data on your account are cleaned off for good and won’t show up in the app once you sign in again.
– The process is time-consuming.
– You’d need to have access to the email address phone number used for the account.
Method 4: Contact Instagram Customer Service
If you’re still facing difficulty in deleting your Instagram account, you can always ask for assistance. Doing so requires the following:
1. Open the Instagram help center.
2. Choose the option “Managing Your Account”.
3. Select “Delete Your Credentials”.
4. Answer the survey questions that appear on the screen.
5. Once the survey is completed, Instagram’s customer service will reach out to you.
– You get help from an Instagram representative.
– Process time can take days to receive a response.
Why Can’t I Delete My Instagram Account?
There are several reasons you may find it difficult to delete your Instagram account, such as:
1. You’ve recently changed your password:
*A*: Wait up to 24 hours before attempting to delete your Instagram account. You should wait until the password refreshes, then try again.
2. You have multiple Instagram accounts:
*A*: You must log out from all other accounts to delete your Instagram account from the switch accounts.
3. You forgot your password:
*A*: You should reset your password if you forgot it to log in and delete your Instagram account.
1. Backup all of the content and data associated with your Instagram account before deleting it.
2. If you’re deleting your Instagram account permanently, go ahead and remove third-party apps and services connected to it.
3. If you plan on coming back to Instagram, take a break instead of deleting your account permanently.
5 FAQs about How to Delete Instagram Account from Switch Accounts
Q1: Can I delete my Instagram account without logging in first?
*A*: Unfortunately, you can’t delete your Instagram account without logging in first. You need to be logged in to your account to delete it.
Q2: Will my data remain on Instagram’s servers if I delete my account?
*A*: No, if you delete your account, all your data and content will be removed from Instagram’s servers.
Q3: Why do you have to delete all your content on Instagram before deleting your account?
*A*: Once you delete your Instagram account permanently, you won’t be able to recover any data associated with it. Therefore, it’s essential to back up this data.
Q4: How long does it take for Instagram to delete my account?
*A*: Instagram usually starts deleting your account approximately after 30 days permanently.
Q5: What happens if I delete my Instagram account from switch accounts?
*A*: If you delete your account on switch accounts, it only removes your account from the list of registered accounts on Instagram. Your account remains active and functional.
Deleting your Instagram account from switch accounts can be a daunting task. However, we hope this blog post has made it easier for you with the different methods’ detailed guidance on how to delete your Instagram account from switch accounts. We also provided additional tips to help you in the process to make it smoother and more straightforward. Remember, backing up your Instagram data before deleting the account is crucial.