Outlook autofill feature helps users to quickly populate the recipient’s email address in the "To," "Cc," or "Bcc" field while composing a new email. However, sometimes this feature can create confusion if it autofills an incorrect or outdated email address.
To delete such an email address from the Outlook autofill list, follow the steps below:
1. Open a new email in Outlook, and start typing the recipient’s name or email address in the "To" field.
2. When the unwanted email address appears in the autofill list, use the down arrow key to select it and highlight it.
3. Press the "Delete" key on your keyboard to remove the email address from the autofill list.
4. You can also remove the entire list of saved email addresses in Outlook using the following process:
a. Go to "File" menu, select "Options," and then click on "Mail."
b. Scroll down to the "Send Messages" section and click on "Empty Auto-Complete List."
c. Click "Yes" to confirm.
By following these simple steps, you can delete an unwanted email address from the Outlook autofill list to avoid sending an email to the wrong recipient.
Video Tutorial:How do I permanently Delete an email address from autofill?
How do I remove an incorrect email address from Outlook autofill?
Outlook’s autofill feature automatically suggests email addresses that you have previously used when you type the first few characters of a recipient’s email address in the "To" field. Sometimes, this feature may suggest an incorrect or outdated email address that you don’t want to use. To remove an incorrect email address from Outlook autofill, you can follow these steps:
1. Open a new email message in Outlook.
2. Start typing the incorrect email address in the "To" field and wait for it to appear in the autofill suggestions.
3. Use the up and down arrow keys to highlight the incorrect email address in the list.
4. Press the "Delete" key on your keyboard to remove the incorrect email address from the autofill suggestions.
Alternatively, you can clear the entire autofill cache in Outlook by following these steps:
1. In Outlook, click on "File" in the top-left corner of the window.
2. Click on "Options" in the left-hand menu.
3. Click on "Mail" in the left-hand menu.
4. Scroll down to the "Send messages" section and click on "Empty Auto-Complete List".
5. Click "Yes" to confirm that you want to empty the autofill cache.
Note that clearing the autofill cache will remove all previously used email addresses, not just the incorrect one. You will need to manually re-enter valid email addresses the next time you compose an email.
How do I clear an autofill email address from Outlook Web App?
If you want to clear an autofill email address from Outlook Web App, there are a few simple steps that you can follow. First, you will need to open Outlook Web App and create a new email message. Once the message window is open, start typing the email address that you want to remove from the autofill list. As soon as the email address appears in the list, use your mouse to hover over it. Next, click the "X" that appears next to the email address. This should remove the email address from the autofill list. After you have removed the email address, you can continue typing your message or add additional recipients as needed. Keep in mind that if the email address is used frequently, it may return to the autofill list in the future. In that case, you’ll need to repeat these steps again to remove it.
How do I remove old address from autofill?
Autofill is a handy feature that helps users to quickly fill in forms with frequently used information, such as names, email addresses, and shipping addresses. However, if you have old addresses in your autofill list that you no longer use, it can clutter the list and make it harder to find the information you need.
To remove old addresses from autofill on your device running iOS 16, you can follow these steps:
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone 14.
2. Tap on "Safari" or the browser you are using.
3. Scroll down and select "Autofill."
4. Tap on "Saved Addresses."
5. Find the old address you want to remove and tap on it.
6. Tap "Edit" in the top right corner.
7. Scroll down and select "Delete Address."
8. Confirm that you want to delete the address by tapping "Delete Address" again.
Once you have completed these steps, the old address will be removed from your autofill list. You can repeat this process for any additional old addresses you wish to remove.
How do I Delete unwanted email addresses?
If you’re looking to delete unwanted email addresses, the steps you need to follow may vary slightly depending on the email provider you use, but generally speaking, you can follow these basic steps:
1. Open your email client or go to your email provider’s website.
2. Locate the unwanted email address in your contact list or address book.
3. Select the email address you want to delete.
4. Click the "Delete" or "Remove" button, which is usually a trash can icon or a minus sign.
5. Confirm that you want to delete the email address.
6. Repeat the process for any other unwanted email addresses you want to delete.
It’s worth noting that deleting an email address from your contact list or address book does not delete any emails you’ve exchanged with that address in the past. Those emails will still be in your inbox or other folders, and you’ll need to delete them separately if desired.
How do I edit AutoComplete list in Outlook?
Editing AutoComplete list in Outlook is an easy process that can help you significantly save time when composing emails. To edit the AutoComplete list, you need to:
1. Open a new email in Outlook.
2. Start typing the recipient’s name or email address in the To field.
3. As you type, Outlook will suggest several email addresses that match the characters you’ve typed so far.
4. Use the arrow keys to select the address you want to edit and press the Delete key.
5. This will delete the email address from the AutoComplete list.
6. To add a new email address to the AutoComplete list, simply type the email address in the To field, and Outlook will automatically add it to the list.
Alternatively, you can access and manage AutoComplete list by following these steps:
1. Open Outlook and click the File tab.
2. Click Options and select the Mail tab.
3. Scroll down to the Send messages section and click the Empty Auto-Complete List button to clear the entire Auto-Complete list.
4. To remove a specific entry from the Auto-Complete list, click the Mail tab again and select the Empty Auto-Complete List button.
5. In the dialog box that appears, locate and highlight the entry you want to remove, and click the Remove button.
6. To add an email address to the Auto-Complete list, simply start typing the email address in the To field, and Outlook will automatically add it to the list.
In summary, managing AutoComplete list in Outlook is a straightforward process that can help you save time and avoid typing errors when composing emails.