The newest version of iPhone, the iPhone 13, comes equipped with top-of-the-line cameras that take stunning pictures. However, with all the pictures you take, it’s easy to end up with duplicates. These duplicates can take up precious space on your phone and cloud storage. To free up space and clear out your photo library, you will need to delete these duplicate photos. In this blog post, we will guide you through different methods to delete duplicate photos on iPhone 13.
The Challenge of Deleting Duplicate Photos on iPhone 13
When it comes to deleting duplicate photos on an iPhone 13, it requires more than just selecting a photo and deleting it. Like any other phone model from Apple, there is no built-in option to identify and delete duplicate photos. Manually finding and deleting photos can be a time-consuming and daunting task, especially if you have thousands of photos stored on your phone.
Things You Should Prepare for
Before jumping into the different methods of deleting duplicate photos, make sure to prepare the following things:
- iPhone 13: Make sure your iPhone is powered up and ready before proceeding.
- A Computer: You will need a computer to run the different software.
- Software: You will need to download third-party software to help you identify duplicate photos on iPhone 13.
- Storage Space: Clear up some space on the computer to accommodate the software and duplicate photos.
Method 1: Using Third-Party Apps
Using third-party apps is perhaps the easiest and most effective way to delete duplicate photos on iPhone 13. Here’s how to do it.
- Download a third-party duplicate photo remover app such as Duplicate Photos Fixer. These apps are available on the Apple App Store.
- Install the app and then launch it by tapping the app icon.
- Select the ‘Scan Now’ button on the main screen. This process may take a few minutes since the app will scan your entire photo library.
- Once the scan is completed, the duplicate photos will be displayed on the screen.
- Select ‘Delete Duplicates’.
- Confirm the deletion by selecting ‘Yes’.
- Easy to use and download from the App Store.
- The app is specially designed for removing duplicate photos.
- This method saves time, especially if you have thousands of photos on your iPhone 13.
- Some third-party apps require payment to access the full features of the app.
- If the app is not reputable, it may put your personal information at risk when you give it access to your photos.
Method 2: Using iCloud Photos
If you have enabled iCloud Photos on your iPhone 13, then using it to delete duplicate photos is another option. Here’s how to do it.
- Go to iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Click the ‘Photos’ icon.
- Once your photos load, hold down the Command key or the Control key on your keyboard and select duplicate photos. Hold the Shift key to select multiple photos with a range.
- Click the trash icon at the top of the screen to delete the duplicate photos.
- Icloud photos are convenient and accessible from anywhere.
- It identifies duplicates by filename, so this method works even if the duplicates are slightly edited.
- This method requires a stable internet connection to access iCloud.com.
- It can be time-consuming to select multiple duplicates manually.
- Deleting duplicates removes photos from all your devices synced to the iCloud account.
Method 3: Using the Built-In Photos App
The iPhone 13’s built-in Photos App has some features that can help you identify duplicate photos. Here’s how to do it.
- Open the Photos App on your iPhone 13.
- Select Albums and then tap Recently Deleted.
- Find the Recently Deleted album and open it.
- Tap Select to pick the photos you want to delete.
- Select duplicates and then tap the Delete button.
- No need to install third-party applications.
- It is a built-in feature so that you won’t need internet access.
- The method is manual and prone to errors, especially if the duplicates are hard to distinguish.
- This method requires more time if you have thousands of photos.
Why Can’t I Delete Duplicate Photos on iPhone 13?
1. No Built-In Option
One of the challenges in deleting duplicate photos on iPhone 13 is that there is no built-in option for finding and deleting them. This can make the process time-consuming.
Fix: Use third-party applications that are reputable and specially designed for deleting duplicate photos. Third-party apps like Duplicate Photos Fixer can easily find and delete duplicates in fewer steps.
2. Limited Storage Space
Duplicate photos can take up quite a bit of space on your iPhone 13. If you’re running out of storage space, then it’s essential to delete these photos.
Fix: Delete duplicate photos to free up space on your iPhone. You can also enable iCloud Photos to store photos in the cloud, freeing up storage space on your phone.
3. Unwanted Synchronization
If you have multiple devices synced to the same iCloud account, deleting duplicates may cause unwanted synchronization issues.
Fix: Make sure to delete duplicate photos from each device synced to the iCloud account manually.
Here are some additional tips to help you delete duplicate photos on iPhone 13:
- Before deleting duplicate photos, make sure to create multiple backups to avoid deleting your important photos and videos by mistake.
- After deleting duplicates, always check your recently deleted folder to ensure that any accidental deletions can be restored.
- Always use reputable third-party applications that have a history of good reviews before downloading them.
5 FAQs about Deleting Duplicate Photos on iPhone 13
Q1. Can you delete duplicate photos on iPhone 13 without a computer?
A1. Yes, you can delete duplicate photos on iPhone 13 without a computer by using third-party applications such as Duplicate Photos Fixer.
Q2. Can I delete duplicates of photos that I’ve edited?
A2. Yes, you can delete duplicates of edited photos using iCloud Photos, which identifies duplicates by filename.
Q3. Can deleted duplicate photos be recovered?
A3. Yes, deleted duplicates can be recovered from the Recently Deleted album on iPhone 13.
Q4. How long will it take to delete duplicates?
A4. The time it takes to delete duplicate photos depends on the number of photos and the method used.
Q5. Can deleted duplicates be permanently deleted?
A5. Yes, deleted duplicates can be permanently deleted by going to the Recently Deleted album, selecting the photos, and then tapping ‘Delete All’ or ‘Delete Individually.’
Deleting duplicate photos on iPhone 13 is essential to free up valuable storage space and keep your photo library organized. There are different methods to use when deleting duplicate photos, including using third-party applications, iCloud Photos, and the built-in Photos App. When deleting duplicates, it’s essential to double-check your folder and backup, among other aspects. Always use reputable applications when downloading third-party software to avoid issues with your iPhone or personal information.