With the ever-growing number of apps on our smartphones, it’s common to end up with so many apps that we don’t use, causing clutter and taking up valuable storage space. Deleting these unwanted apps can be a challenge, and that is why we are discussing how to delete Apps on iPhone 12 Mini. The iPhone 12 Mini is one of the latest editions of iPhone, and the process of deleting apps has changed slightly from previous models, and this blog post will provide you with a comprehensive guide on how to go about it.
The Challenge of Deleting Apps on iPhone 12 Mini
Deleting apps on iPhone 12 Mini presents a challenge in the sense that it’s not as straightforward as it is in other smartphones. While on most Android devices, you drag and drop the apps on the home screen to the trash icon, the iPhone does things a little differently. With iOS 14, Apple introduced widget support, which means that the app icons can no longer just be dragged off the screen. Although you can still use the traditional long-press method, it’s not very easy to find when you’re looking for it.
Things You Should Prepare for
Before you go ahead and start deleting apps, there are some things you should prepare for. First, it is best to make sure that your data is backed up so that you don’t lose any information you might need later on. The easiest way to do this is to use an iCloud backup, which will automatically back up all the data and settings on your phone to your iCloud account.
Secondly, it’s best to take note of which apps you want to delete. This step will save you time and allow you to get rid of all the unwanted apps at once, without having to go back and do it again later. You can do this by going through your apps and deciding which ones you no longer use or which ones you want to get rid of to free up space.
Method 1: How to Delete Apps on iPhone 12 Mini using the Home Screen
The first method we’ll be discussing is the traditional method of deleting apps using the home screen. Follow the steps below to delete an app on your iPhone 12 Mini using the home screen:
1. Locate the app you want to delete on the home screen.
2. Press and hold the app until it starts shaking.
3. An "x" will appear in the corner of the app.
4. Tap the "x".
5. A prompt will ask if you want to delete the app. Tap "Delete."
– The traditional way of deleting apps is still very straightforward.
– You can delete multiple apps at once by pressing and holding several apps.
– Deleting an app through the home screen is familiar to most long-term iPhone users.
– There’s a likelihood of accidental deletions since the app icons shake very easily.
– A prompt will require confirmation to delete the app.
Method 2: How to Delete Apps on iPhone 12 Mini using the App Library
The App Library on iPhone 12 Mini is one of the new features introduced in iOS 14. This is a great way to tidy up your home screen, with access to all your apps in one place. It also provides a way to delete apps on your iPhone 12 Mini without having to go through the home screen. Here are the steps:
1. Swipe left on the home screen to get to the App Library.
2. Locate the app you want to delete.
3. Press and hold the app icon until it starts shaking.
4. Tap "Remove App".
5. A prompt will pop up, asking if you want to delete the app. Tap "Delete."
– The App Library saves time and provides easy access to all your apps, with a single search bar.
– Deleting apps from the App Library is a great way to protect your home screen from clutter.
– Multiple apps can be deleted from the App Library at once.
– The App Library can be a bit hard to navigate for new iPhone users.
– It’s not easy to customize the apps on the App Library.
Method 3: How to Delete Apps on iPhone 12 Mini using iTunes
iTunes is another way to delete apps on your iPhone 12 Mini. This is a useful way to delete multiple apps at once without having to go through the home screen. Follow these steps to delete apps on your iPhone 12 Mini using iTunes:
1. Connect your iPhone 12 Mini to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Open iTunes on your computer.
3. Click the iPhone icon in the top-left corner of the screen.
4. Click "Apps" in the left sidebar.
5. Locate the app you want to delete in the list of apps.
6. Click the "x" in the top-left corner of the app.
7. Click "Delete."
8. Click "Apply" to save the changes.
– Apple’s native iTunes app offers an easy way to manage your iPhone.
– It’s possible to delete multiple apps at once with iTunes.
– You can use iTunes to download apps onto your iPhone and manage their backups.
– It’s time-consuming to download iTunes and then navigate to delete apps.
– The Apple’s music management app is quite complicated to some users.
Method 4: How to Delete Apps on iPhone 12 Mini using An App Manager
Another way to delete Apps on iPhone 12 Mini is by using a third-party App Manager, such as iMyFone Umate Pro. iMyFone Umate Pro is a software that can help you manage all the apps on your iPhone in one place. The app is user-friendly, and here’s how to use it to delete apps easily:
1. Download and launch iMyFone Umate Pro on your computer.
2. Connect your iPhone 12 Mini to your computer using a USB cable.
3. Select "Erase Private Fragments" to allow the app to scan for your apps.
4. After the scan, select "App Manager" to display all apps installed on your phone.
5. Select the apps to delete and click on "Uninstall".
6. Confirm the deletion.
– Users can delete both hidden and visible apps easily.
– Apart from deleting apps, the app provides additional features like data erasure, app data export, and photo compression.
– Gives the user more control over app data.
– The app comes at a cost that may not be affordable for all users.
– There’s doubt over how reliable third-party app management apps can be.
Why Can’t I Delete Apps on iPhone 12 Mini?
1. iPhone 12 Mini has a new feature in iOS 14 that allows users to have widgets on their home screen. This can make it difficult to drag an app icon to the trash as it can be challenging to place it in the right spot.
2. Some apps come with a configuration profile that automates downloading other apps or redirects you to another page. In such cases, it is unclear whether deleting such apps will also delete the profile.
3. It could be an issue with the app and not with the phone. At times, some apps store their data in iCloud instead of on the phone, which makes it quite difficult to delete them.
However, all these can be fixed by using any of the methods mentioned above, and you should not encounter any significant challenge when deleting an app.
1. It’s always best to back up your data before deleting any apps or making updates to your phone.
2. Avoid deleting apps that come pre-installed on your iPhone or iPad – for example, apps such as the Phone app, Messages, and Settings. You may disable them, but it’s not recommended to delete them.
3. Deleting apps that you no longer use will help reduce your storage burden and make your iPhone run faster.
Q1. Can I reinstall an app after deleting it?
A1. Yes, you can reinstall any app you’ve deleted using the App Store.
Q2. Will deleting an app delete all its data?
A2. When you delete an app on the iPhone, all its data, including settings, are deleted. However, some apps store their data in iCloud.
Q3. Can apps be deleted using the Settings app?
A3. No. Although you can see which apps are taking up the most space, you can’t delete them from the settings app.
Q4. How do I get rid of pre-installed apps that I don’t use?
A4. Although you can’t delete pre-installed apps, you can hide them by moving them to a separate folder and storing that folder on a faraway screen.
Q5. Do I need to restart my iPhone after deleting an app?
A5. No, you don’t need to restart your iPhone after deleting an app.
Deleting apps on your iPhone 12 Mini is not as difficult as it may seem. The traditional method of deleting an app through the home screen is still the simplest way, and the App Library introduced in iOS 14 is also very intuitive. With third-party app management apps like iMyFone Umate Pro, you have more control over your app data. Be careful though about the pre-installed apps that come with your iPhone; avoid deleting them if possible.