As it is, everyone who has an iPhone does not keep all the apps that come pre-installed. Sometimes, we try apps and later on decide to remove the ones that are not of use to us. Removing an app from the iPhone is quite easy if the app icon is on the home screen, however, there might be situations when you need to remove hidden apps on iPhone, and it might not be a straightforward process. This blog post will guide you through the process of how to delete an app on iPhone that’s hidden and seems impossible to delete.
Why You Need to Delete Hidden Apps on iPhone
There are several reasons why you may want to delete the apps that are hidden on your iPhone. One of the most common reasons is the storage space issue. Apps take up a lot of space on your iPhone, and if you have multiple apps installed, it can quickly fill up your iPhone’s memory.
The second reason is that sometimes, we download apps that we end up not using or need anymore. These apps can be hidden and can be using up space even though they are not being used anymore. So it is essential to get rid of all such apps to free up space and also to stop the app from running in the background, draining your battery and consuming your data.
Method 1: Using iTunes
If you have synced your iPhone with iTunes, you can remove the hidden apps via iTunes. This method is easy, and you can use it if you have a stable internet connection. The steps to follow are:
1. Connect your iPhone to your computer or laptop using the USB cable.
2. Launch iTunes on your computer
3. Click on " iPhone" on the left panel in iTunes.
4. In the iPhone menu, click on the "Apps" tab.
5. Find the app you want to delete in the "App list" in the "Apps" tab.
6. Click on the "Remove" button next to the app.
7. Click on "Apply" in the bottom right corner and wait for iTunes to finish syncing.
8. Disconnect your iPhone from the computer.
– It’s an easy and straightforward method.
– It can delete hidden apps in bulk via iTunes.
– You need to have a stable internet connection.
– If you don’t have iTunes installed, you will have to download it and install it.
Method 2: Using Settings
If you want to delete an app that’s hidden on your iPhone, using settings can also be helpful. Follow the steps below:
1. From the homepage of your iPhone, go to "Settings"
2. Tap on "General" then "iPhone Storage."
3. Wait for a few seconds for the list of installed apps to load then search for the app you want to delete.
4. Tap on the app, and you’ll see an "Offload App" option.
5. Tap on "Offload App" to delete or tap on "Delete App" to remove the app and all its associated content.
– It’s a simple process that requires no additional software.
– Offloading an app saves its data, so you don’t have to redownload it again if you need it.
– Offloading an app doesn’t entirely remove it from your iPhone. It can still take up some space.
Method 3: Using iTunes Alternative
If you don’t want to use iTunes, there are an array of iTunes alternatives that you can use to delete hidden apps on your iPhone. Among the most popular ones are iTools, AnyTrans and ApowerManager. Here are the steps to follow to delete hidden apps using AnyTrans:
1. First, download and install AnyTrans on your computer
2. Connect your iPhone to the computer via a USB cable.
3. Once you have launched AnyTrans, from the main interface, click on "App Downloader".
4. Select "App Cleaner".
5. Choose the apps that you want to delete then click on "Uninstall" to remove them.
– Many iTunes alternatives are free.
– It can delete hidden apps in bulk.
– You have to download a third-party software.
– The process can be quite complicated if you are not familiar with the software.
What to Do If You Can’t Delete a Hidden App on iPhone
Sometimes, you may encounter issues trying to delete an app on your iPhone, and it may seem impossible to delete. Some fixes can help you solve this issue;
– Restart your iPhone
– Update iOS to the latest version
– Check your iPhone restrictions and remove them
– Restore your iPhone from iTunes or iCloud backup
– Try deleting the app in recovery mode
If you have a habit of downloading and trying multiple apps but later forget to delete them, go to "Settings" > "General" > "iPhone Storage" to view the apps taking up the most space on your iPhone. From there, you can delete any apps that you no longer need.
Q1: What happens when I delete an app on my iPhone?
A: When you delete an app on your iPhone, all the app-related data (including settings, preferences, and saved games) are deleted. However, if you delete an app that you have paid for, it remains available for you to download again for free in the future.
Q2: Will I lose my data if I delete an app?
A: Yes, if the app contains any data that is not synced with any cloud services like iCloud, it’s gone forever when you delete the app.
Q3: Can I recover a deleted app on my iPhone?
A: Yes, you can recover a deleted app on your iPhone. Go to the App Store, search for the app, and download it again.
Q4: What does it mean to offload an app?
A: Offloading an app means that you remove the app from your iPhone but keep all your data and documents related to the app.
Q5: I have forgotten my iPhone restrictions password. How do I remove it?
A: If you have forgotten your iPhone restrictions password, there are two ways to fix it. You can either use the “Find My” app to erase your iPhone and reset your restriction passcode or perform a full backup and restore using iTunes.
Deleting hidden apps on iPhone is not as complicated as it may seem. Whether you choose to use iTunes, settings or an iTunes alternative, it is essential to regularly check the apps on your iPhone and remove the ones that you no longer use. By doing so, you free up space on your iPhone, stop apps from running in the background, and extend your phone’s battery life. We hope that this blog post was helpful and informative.