Instagram is a fun platform for sharing photos and engaging with friends, family, and even people you don’t know. However, there could be many reasons you want to delete your Instagram account, maybe you are planning to switch to another platform, maybe you feel overwhelmed by social media, and maybe you want to take a break.
Whatever the reason may be, deleting an Instagram account is a simple process, and in this blog post, we will discuss methods you can use to get rid of your Instagram account and take you through the steps to follow.
The Challenge of Deleting an Instagram Account
Deleting an Instagram account could be challenging, or you might hit an error while trying to delete your account. There could be several reasons for this, from temporary technical glitches to security concerns to human errors. Whatever the reason, these issues can be frustrating and prevent you from deleting your account.
In this blog post, we will guide you on the things you should prepare for while deleting your Instagram account and offer solutions to some common issues you might encounter, making the process less challenging and less frustrating.
Things You Should Prepare for
Before deleting your Instagram account, there are a few things you should do to prepare and ensure you don’t lose any valuable information. Here are some essential things you should do:
1. Download your Instagram data: before deleting your Instagram account, ensure that you download a copy of all your data. This includes all your photos, videos, stories, comments, followers’ list, and more. You can do this by going to your profile, selecting the three lines in the top right corner, selecting the ‘settings’ option, and selecting ‘security.’ Then scroll down and select ‘download data.’
2. Ensure you have the correct information: deleting your Instagram account is a permanent decision, and you can’t reverse it. Therefore, ensure that you have the correct username and password for the account you intend to delete.
3. Remember alternative options: if you only need a break from Instagram, consider deactivating your account temporarily (rather than deleting it), as this will allow you to resume using your same account without losing your data or your username.
Method 1: Via Instagram Website
Using the Instagram website is the primary method for deleting your Instagram account. Here’s how to do it in a few simple steps:
1. Go to the Instagram website: go to your internet browser, search for Instagram, and login in to your account.
2. Go to edit profile: From your profile page, click on the three lines icon situated on the right of your Instagram username, then select the settings gear.
3. Go to the ‘Delete Your Account’ page: scroll down the settings option until you find the option ‘Delete Your Account.’ Click it, and it will take you to the deletion page.
4. Choose a reason and confirm: Instagram will ask why you want to delete your account, select the reason, enter your password, and then click the ‘Permanently Delete My Account’ button.
– You can delete your Instagram account from anywhere with an internet connection.
– It’s straightforward and does not require any technical skills.
-It’s a permanent process. You can’t reactivate your account, and once you delete it, all your data is lost forever.
Method 2: Via Instagram App for iOS and Android
You can also delete your Instagram account via the mobile app for iOS and Android. Here’s how to do it:
1. Open the app and go to your profile page.
2. Click on the three lines in the top right corner for iOS or bottom-right corner for Android.
3. Go to options, then ‘Settings,’ then ‘Help,’ then ‘Help center.’
4. Type in the search bar ‘Delete My Account,’ and the option will appear. Select it.
5. Follow Instagram’s instructions by entering your password and giving your reason for deleting your Instagram account. Finally, tap on ‘Permanently delete my account.’
– This method is very convenient for mobile users.
– Easy to navigate and use.
– You need to download the Instagram app first before using it.
– This method is also a permanent process, and once you delete your account, you cannot reactivate it.
Method 3: Contact Instagram Customer Support
If you’re experiencing difficulties deleting your Instagram account by yourself, another option is to contact the Instagram support team directly. Here’s how to do it:
1. Go to the Instagram support page, and then click on the ‘Delete Your Account’ page.
2. Enter your username and email address, and then select the option ‘I need help deleting my account.’
3. Follow Instagram’s instructions. The Support team will ask you why you want to delete your account, then provide instructions to guide you through the process.
– The Instagram support team can help you through the process step-by-step,
– You have to go through emails to contact support personnel, which may be slower than direct communication.
Why Can’t I Delete My Instagram Account?
There might be several reasons why you can’t delete your Instagram account, including:
1. Multi-accounts: Instagram only permits one account per email address. Therefore, if you have multiple Instagram accounts registered under a single email address, the deletion process can be complicated.
2. Unverified account: Instagram might not allow you to delete your account if it appears unverified or is linked to suspicious activities to prevent spam.
3. Security reasons: if there is any suspicious activity on your account, Instagram may block the account for security reasons.
If you can’t delete your Instagram account, here are the possible fixes:
1. Ensure you have the correct username and password. Incorrect login details will block deletion.
2. Check that there is no suspicious activity on your account.
3. Ensure you have only one account per email address.
1. Remember that deleting an Instagram account is permanent and cannot be undone.
2. Ensure you download all your data before deleting your account.
3. Know what happens once you delete your account. Your photos, videos, comments, likes, and followers will be permanently removed, and you can’t use the username or email address linked to that account again.
5 FAQs about Deleting An Instagram Account
Q1. How Long Does It Take To Delete An Instagram Account?
A1. Once you Delete your Instagram account, it will be permanently removed permanently. Instagram takes around 90 days to delete your data from its servers. After deletion, you will not be able to reactivate your account.
Q2. Can I Restore An Instagram Account After Deletion?
A2. No, Instagram does not allow you to restore a deleted account once it has been deleted permanently.
Q3. What Can I Do If The ‘Delete Your Account’ Option Does Not Show Up?
A3. Ensure you have entered the correct Instagram username and password, check if there is suspicious activity on your account, and ensure you only have one account per email address.
Q4. What Happens to My Data After Deleting An Instagram Account?
A4. Deleting an Instagram account permanently removes all your data, including your photos, videos, comments, likes, and followers.
Q 5. Can I Deactivate My Instagram Account Instead of Deleting It?
A5. Yes, if you wish to take a break from Instagram, consider temporarily deactivating your account instead of deleting it.
In conclusion, deleting an Instagram account does not have to be a frustrating and challenging task. Whether you’re looking for a more private life or just want to take a break from social media, several steps can help you delete your account successfully. Remember to download all your data, ensure you have the correct information, and know that the process is permanent and cannot be undone before you delete your Instagram account.