These days, there are tons of apps that we use on a daily basis on our smartphones, tablets, and computers. These apps store a plethora of data including our personal information, browsing history, and other sensitive data. There are instances when we want to delete all the data associated with an app for various reasons like freeing up storage space, security purposes, or uninstalling the app. In this article, we’ll discuss several methods to delete all the data from an app safely and effectively.
Why You Need to Delete All The Data from An App
There can be various reasons why you may want to delete all the data associated with an app. Some of these reasons may include:
– Freeing up storage space: Apps tend to store temporary data and caches that consumes precious storage space on our devices. Deleting this data can help in freeing up this space.
– Resetting the app: When an app is behaving unusually or is in a frozen state, deleting all the data associated with it can sometimes help reset the app.
– Security reasons: When you are going to sell your phone or give it away, you must delete all the app data so that your personal information doesn’t get exposed to others.
– Uninstalling an app: For various reasons, you may plan to uninstall an app, and deleting all the data associated with it before uninstallation can be useful to remove all the traces of that app from your device.
Method 1: Using App Settings
This method can be applied if you want to delete all the data associated with an app that is already installed on your device. Here are the steps:
1. Open the Settings app on your device.
2. Find and select the option ‘Apps’ or ‘Applications.’
3. Scroll down and find the app whose data you want to delete and tap on it.
4. Now, tap on the option ‘Storage’ or ‘Storage & Cache.’
5. Tap on the ‘Clear Storage’ or ‘Clear Data’ option.
6. In the confirmation prompt that appears, tap on ‘OK’ to proceed.
7. Wait for the process to complete, and all the data associated with the app will be deleted.
– It is a built-in feature of the device.
– You can do it without any third-party app.
– You can accidentally delete your important information along with data from the app.
Method 2: Using Third-Party App
There are several third-party apps available that allow you to delete app data easily. Here we will use the ‘Cleaner for Android’ app. Here are the steps:
1. Download and install the ‘Cleaner for Android’ app from the Play Store.
2. Open the app, and it will automatically scan all the installed apps on your device.
3. Find the app whose data you want to delete and tap on it.
4. You will see several options like ‘Clear Cache,’ ‘Clear Data,’ and ‘Uninstall.’ Tap on ‘Clear Data’ and then confirm the action.
5. Wait for the process to complete, and all the data associated with the app will be deleted.
– You can use this app for other purposes too, like freeing up storage space, deleting unwanted files, and more.
– It consists of a user-friendly interface, which makes it easy to use.
– You need to install an additional app on your device.
Method 3: Using a File Explorer App
If you have a rooted Android device, you can use a file explorer app to delete the app data from the device’s file system. Here are the steps:
1. Download and install any file explorer app like ES File Explorer from Google Play Store.
2. Open the app, and it will ask you for root access. Grant it by tapping on ‘Allow’ or ‘Activate.’
3. Find the folder named ‘data’ inside the root directory.
4. Inside the ‘data’ folder, find the folder that has the same name as the app you want to delete data for.
5. Delete the entire folder by long-pressing on it and selecting ‘Delete.’
6. Wait for the process to complete, and all the data associated with the app will be deleted.
– You can delete all the app data completely without any traces.
– You can use this method even if the app doesn’t have any ‘clear data’ option in the device settings.
– You need to root your device.
What to Do If You Can’t Delete All The Data from An App
Sometimes, clearing all the data from an app isn’t possible, especially if the app stores data on an external server or remote database. Here are a few things you can do in such situations:
– Contact the app development team: You can reach out to the app development team and request them to delete your data from their servers.
– Revoke app permissions: You can go to the app permissions section in device settings and revoke all the permissions granted to the app.
– Uninstall the app: If you can’t delete all the data associated with an app, you can consider uninstalling the app altogether.
Bonus Tip: Use ‘App Cleaner and Uninstaller’
You can use the ‘App Cleaner and Uninstaller’ app that lets you delete all the app data and uninstall the app altogether. Here are the steps:
1. Download and install the ‘App Cleaner and Uninstaller’ app from the Play Store.
2. Open the app, and it will show you a list of all the installed apps on your device.
3. Find the app you want to delete the data for and tap on it.
4. Tap on the ‘Clear cache’ and ‘Clear data’ buttons.
5. Once the data is cleared, tap on the ‘Uninstall’ button to completely remove the app from your device.
– You can use this app to uninstall unwanted apps in addition to clearing data.
– It is a one-stop solution app for managing your apps.
– You may accidentally delete your important information along with app data.
Q1. Can I delete app data from the iCloud?
A1. No, you can’t delete app data from the iCloud.
Q2. Will clearing app data delete game progress too?
A2. It depends on the app and how it stores its data. If it stores game progress data within the app’s data folder, then clearing data will also remove the game progress. However, if the game progress is stored online, then it won’t be deleted.
Q3. Can I recover deleted app data?
A3. No, once app data is deleted, it cannot be recovered.
Q4. What happens when I delete app data?
A4. When you delete app data, all your app settings, user preferences, login credentials, and other data associated with the app are removed from your device.
Q5. Can I recover deleted apps?
A5. Yes, you can always reinstall deleted apps by downloading them from the relevant app store.
Deleting all the app data can help you free up storage space, improve device performance, and secure your personal information. Depending on the situation, you can choose any of the methods mentioned above to delete all the data from an app. However, make sure to choose a method that’s most appropriate for your situation. As always, be cautious while using the deletion methods, and verify the app name before you delete its data.