In today’s time, smartphones have become an integral part of our lives. iPhone, one of the most popular smartphones in the market, has features like messaging, calling, social media, internet browsing, and more. Sometimes, accidentally or unknowingly, we may delete important messages on our iPhones, which may cause inconvenience or loss of data. However, there is no need to worry about losing those messages forever. In this post, we will guide you through several methods on how to bring back deleted messages on iPhone.
Why You Need to Know How to Bring Back Deleted Messages on iPhone
The iPhone is one of the most popular smartphones in the world, thanks to its innovative and user-friendly features. Messages are one of the essential components of an iPhone, and they store important information like contacts, addresses, numbers, and more. However, it’s not uncommon for users to accidentally delete important messages from their devices, which may cause loss of data or inconvenience. That’s why knowing how to bring back deleted messages on iPhone is essential.
Method 1: Using iCloud Backup
Description: iCloud is one of the most popular cloud storage services provided by Apple. It lets users store their data like photos, videos, messages, and more on the cloud and access them anytime on any device. If you’ve enabled iCloud backup on your iPhone, then you can use it to recover deleted messages.
1. Go to Settings on your iPhone
2. Click on your iCloud Profile
3. Tap on iCloud Backup
4. Check if the latest backup contains the messages you want to retrieve
5. In case the backup contains the messages, erase your device
6. Restore your iPhone from the latest backup
– Free and easy to use
– Provides an option to recover messages from the most recent backup
– Requires sufficient iCloud storage to store backups
– Backups need to be created regularly
Method 2: Using iTunes Backup
Description: iTunes is a media player, media library, and mobile device management application developed by Apple. It also provides an option to backup your iPhone’s data, including messages, on your computer. You can use iTunes backup to retrieve your deleted messages.
1. Connect your iPhone to the computer where you have created the backup
2. Launch iTunes and select your device
3. Choose Restore Backup
4. Select the backup that contains the messages you want to recover
– Provides a manual backup option on your computer
– Offers an option to selectively restore data
– Requires connecting to a computer with iTunes
– Need to create backups regularly
Method 3: Using Third-party Software
Description: You can use third-party software that offers iPhone data recovery services to retrieve your deleted messages. These software scan your iPhone’s storage to locate deleted data and recover it.
1. Download and install reputable third-party software on your computer
2. Launch the software and connect your iPhone to the computer
3. Select ‘Scan for Deleted Files’
4. Preview the restored files
5. Select the Messages option and click on ‘Recover’
– Offers a highly effective solution to recover lost data
– Can recover messages that date back for months
– Might be costly
– Some software may not function properly
Method 4: Contact Apple Support
In case your messages are unable to recover using the above methods, you can contact Apple’s customer support. Their technical team can provide you with solutions to help you regain your lost data.
– Expert guidance
– Quick solutions to your problems
– Might be time-consuming in activities like account verification, etc.
What to Do If You Can’t Regain Deleted Messages on iPhone
If you cannot recover your deleted messages using any of the above methods, there are some things you can do. One way is to contact Apple support, who may provide you with a resolution. Try contacting the sender or recipient, who may have saved that message, ask them to forward it to you. It’s also recommended to regularly back up your iPhone’s data to avoid such losses and comprehensive data recovery.
1. Regularly back up your iPhone’s data to prevent data loss
2. Use a software like Tenorshare Ultdata to better recover lost/deleted iPhone messages, photos, videos, and other data.
3. Avoid downloading or installing unknown apps or software on your iPhone.
Q1: Can I recover messages after a factory reset?
A: Unfortunately, when you factory-reset your iPhone, it deletes all the data, including the messages, and resets everything to default settings. So, you cannot recover your messages after a factory reset.
Q2: Can I recover messages from a broken iPhone?
A: Yes, you can recover messages from a broken iPhone using software like Tenorshare Ultdata.
Q3: Can I recover deleted messages from WhatsApp?
A: Yes, you can restore deleted messages from WhatsApp through iCloud/media recovery. Go to WhatsApp Settings > Chats > Chat Backup > Backup Now.
Q4: How do I view deleted messages on iPhone?
A: You can view the deleted messages on your iPhone by using software like Tenorshare Ultdata, iCloud or iTunes backup. Keep in mind that this is only possible if you had created a backup earlier.
Q5: How long are deleted messages kept on iPhone?
A: Deleted messages remain on the device, un-erased, until the storage space is overwritten with new data. This period can vary, generally lasting from days to weeks. It also depends on the amount of space available on your iPhone.
In conclusion, losing messages on your iPhone can cause inconvenience or even some loss of data. However, with some simple techniques, you can recover lost messages by using iCloud or iTunes backup, third-party software, or Apple support. Moreover, remember to regularly backup your data and frequently utilize salvage software to avoid such losses effectively. We hope this blog on how to bring back deleted messages on iPhone has helped you regain the messages you have lost.